New 4G Launch In Smaller City's

gitit20

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys Late last night around 12am I decided to turn on my phones 4G needles to say I was rather shocked when it said 4G connected.

I live here in Manhattan KS not that big of a town at all. The funny thing is i checked for 4g coverage in Manhattan and its not even planned as of yet for this area (according to sprints coverage map) I am also signed up for 4G notices and have not received any.

I have a Friend In Salina Kansas about an hour away another smaller city And he is also getting 4G in some parts of town also nothing in the coverage map about it.

So All of you guys in Smaller city's try out 4g you may be surprised like I was.

I live on Elling Drive and had 4G coverage to about the middle of campus about a mile from my house... also had it in home depot as well.

There was a couple times for about 30 to 45 min it was off then came back on For the most part its stable and video chat worked pretty well with 4g...

I guess this is good news that sprint is stepping up there 4g game to compete with T-Mobile and Verizon... That's the only reason I can think of...

If any one else has noticed this please post it here...

Last edited:

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
We had it in select areas of Los Angeles months before the official roll out. Once it became official- there were less pockets of 4g and it was more of a blanket. Coverage still isn't as solid as 3g- but I was enjoying it both at work in Glendale and home in Encino a few months before it was official- and way back at the Evo lauch May/June- it was Downtown at the Staples Center. (home of the Lakers/Clippers/Kings)

gitit20

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
We had it in select areas of Los Angeles months before the official roll out. Once it became official- there were less pockets of 4g and it was more of a blanket. Coverage still isn't as solid as 3g- but I was enjoying it both at work in Glendale and home in Encino a few months before it was official- and way back at the Evo lauch May/June- it was Downtown at the Staples Center. (home of the Lakers/Clippers/Kings)

Cool that 10 bucks a month will start to not sting so much lol

Since9600

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Same here, I have been noticing 4G in places where there wasn't any as recently as a week ago.. Seems to work in most north NJ towns now. I just wish it wasn't such a battery hog so I could keep it on...

azureoval

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
We have 4G in parts of Sacramento and South Placer County even though it is not really advertised as having it yet. Of course I live just outside the zone :(

gitit20

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Well at my house i was getting just one bar of 4g it shot all the way up to 3 now fill 4g and that was uses a lot less battery so i leave it on while at home all the time now :) Its great lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie