Internal Memory Low?? Suggestions?

cobaltgirl87

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
So today I got the lovely little notification telling me me internal memory is slow, which may explain why my phone has been so laggy lately.

Any suggestions???

I went thru my apps to see what I can get rid of, but when I went to see what the storage was after all that I still dont know if that will be enough.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

slinky317

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
I'm beginning to see a pattern when it happens to me. I get the notification for about 30 seconds or so, then it goes away and suddenly I see that the Verizon Backup Assistant runs and syncs. I really think that has something to do with it, but there's no way that I can find to disable it!

Does anyone know how to disable Backup Assistant without rooting?

(Posted from my HTC Droid Incredible)

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
This is an epic forum and most of us here have epics and thus are on Sprint. We don't have verizon back up on our phones...

I will assume you can just turn off the service but that doesn't always work as it may reopen itself.... Some task killers can be set up to monitor certain programs/services and kill them whenever they are opened. However I (for the most part) normally don't recommend Task Killers.

I am just repeating what you probably already know.

slinky317

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
Sorry about that folks. I was using Tapatalk on my Incredible and thought I was in the Incredible forum. My fault!

However, it's good that it eliminates the Verizon Backup from being the problem. :)

Skynett

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Here are some ways to help get more internal memory.
Go to menu>settings>applications>manage applications once there hit 'menu' and select 'sort by size' and it will show you which apps are the biggest go ahead and delete any apps that are way bigger than normal or any unused apps.

Clear data and cache under 'manage applications'

Download whatchdog app to let you know when an app is using more memory than it is supposed to.

Check how much internal storage you have availible menu>settings>sd card and phone storage.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams