For those who have flashed DK28

Addie_Goodvibes

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
For those who have flashed DK28, will you revert back to 2.1 to get EB13 OTA
Or will you wait until EB13 is available to flash on your own?

I think I will wait a bit to see what others are experiencing with EB13 also to see if Sprint packaged a lot of Bloat ( Sprint ID ) with it.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Rooting the official Froyo will probably be within the first 24 hours. I think it was 12 hrs or less when the "leaked" Froyo dropped that it was deodex and ready to be rooted.

cigarfan

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
For those who have flashed DK28, will you revert back to 2.1 to get EB13 OTA
Or will you wait until EB13 is available to flash on your own?

I think I will wait a bit to see what others are experiencing with EB13 also to see if Sprint packaged a lot of Bloat ( Sprint ID ) with it.

I agree...I'll wait & see...life is too good on DK28 right now....why spoil the Honeymoon :)

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Hey does anyone think it would be a good idea to factory restore my Epic (I have CWM 2.5.1 Viper Rom 4.0.3) to put on CWM 3.0.0.5 or should i just go to a stock rom with root and put on Viper Rom 4.0.4 (that's what i have been saving the new update of my rom for). Does it make the rom slower if you download it over another rom? Or do sites just say to wipe your device before installing a different rom just for the risk of bricking your phone?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hey does anyone think it would be a good idea to factory restore my Epic (I have CWM 2.5.1 Viper Rom 4.0.3) to put on CWM 3.0.0.5 or should i just go to a stock rom with root and put on Viper Rom 4.0.4 (that's what i have been saving the new update of my rom for). Does it make the rom slower if you download it over another rom? Or do sites just say to wipe your device before installing a different rom just for the risk of bricking your phone?

When converting to CWM3.x.x.x you can install that from any existing point on Froyo. You don't have to return to stock to do the conversion. The reason they suggest a wipe is due to conflicts that may arise from changes in system files, permissions and OS framework. I would recommend a wipe whenever switching ROMs.

BBooDad

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I will wipe, Odin, and OTA it. Eclairb was more stable than dk28 roms, though not asz fast or fun. But there is something tgo be said for reliability.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

traumahawk

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I will not be reverting. I am staying on the EXT4 filesystem.. running dk28 and TER1.5 until a rootable, ext4 version comes out (and theres some good roms/themes for it). screw offical updates. the rooting community supports and updates way more than sprint does, and they updates work wayyy better. I <3 TER1.5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome