Hey All,
    I just updated my wife's Epic to EB13 via the SD card method and it seems to be running well. However, the lock screen is still the same as Eclair. When she previously had a Samsung Intercept and that updated to Froyo it changed the lock screen to the stock 2.2 lock screen where you can also mute the phone if you swipe one way.

As trivial as that sounds, that was probably the one thing she was looking forward to most with the Froyo upgrade. Is there any way to get it to use the stock 2.2 lock screen?

Thanks for any help you can give me guys!

-Nick
    02-22-2011 07:51 AM
    Hey All,
    I just updated my wife's Epic to EB13 via the SD card method and it seems to be running well. However, the lock screen is still the same as Eclair. When she previously had a Samsung Intercept and that updated to Froyo it changed the lock screen to the stock 2.2 lock screen where you can also mute the phone if you swipe one way.

As trivial as that sounds, that was probably the one thing she was looking forward to most with the Froyo upgrade. Is there any way to get it to use the stock 2.2 lock screen?

Thanks for any help you can give me guys!

-Nick
    The only thing i'm aware of that you could do would be to pick up widgetlocker which has different lock screens, and i believe stock android is one of them (as well as customization) I've never used it, but i know people who LOVE it.
    02-22-2011 09:02 AM
    Can't you just hit the volume rocker to mute the phone? I think I had accidentally done this a few times pulling the phone out of my pocket. I know my past samsung phones did this.
    02-22-2011 02:04 PM
    If you don't feel like paying for Widgetlocker, and I wouldn't, you can root your phone and flash an AOSP lockscreen fairly easily.
    02-22-2011 03:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD