Anybody having frequently Sginal loss on EB13? slow 3g?

persianpimp

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
nope stock everything, just been running ext4 just now. But I've been having that problem when i had stock completely. For some reasons, some txt msgs don't go through. Now they are, i have to do a bit more testing. Just wondering if the update worsen the signal or not for people

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I had 4 sudden dropped calls today but 3 of them were before the update. I think Sprint is having some sort of other issue today.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Actually the more I think about it, you may be onto something. My signal meter shows lower than average strength in most places, and I have had to resend a few texts in the last couple days which almost never happens to me.

Sent by a little green robot

GSF1200S

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I think Sprint's network is either being overloaded due to all the Epic's updating OTA, or they have just had issues in general with the network.

When I first installed eb13 my 3g was very slow, but since it has picked back up to seemingly faster than on dk18

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
@all, I have heard some stories on this issue.. Some people are still running the DK28 modem and trying different combinations. I too have had texts that needed to be resent. Last night for the first time my 4g speed was dirt, almost identical to 3g... Actually my upload speed out did my download when I did a quick speed test (those are about as accurate as benchmarks) .

persianpimp

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
wait i think i found out why my text messages are not working. It is because when you go to task manager> ram> level 2 and clear everything. It kills sprints text process that makes you send. You can receive msgs, you just can't send. I tested this, so im pretty sure it's right. Now does anyone know how to keep that process from never closing? is there a way to do that?

monkey30butt

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Anybody having frequently Sginal loss on EB13? slow 3g?

I have been having exactly the same problems since flashing EB13. Very weak or no signal that is restored to good signal with a reboot. Then it fades very soon after the reboot. 3g & 4g has been sporatic. When it is working it is faster than it was on DI18, verified with a speed test. I am currently on stock EB13 that is rooted so I can use the tether, which seems to still work just fine.

I really hope you guys are right & it's a Sprint network issue & not a software issue. I didn't have this problem until I flashed EB13 Monday evening (downloaded from Sammy).

persianpimp

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
hey bro, did you do the ext4 and did you get a new kernel? That seem really boost the speed of the phone 2 fold, and in other ways. It seems like it affected the phone to where it works better. I dunno exactly how it works, but doing ext4 converts everything, i think it works better with google. Right my phone seems much more stable.

monkey30butt

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
hey bro, did you do the ext4 and did you get a new kernel? That seem really boost the speed of the phone 2 fold, and in other ways. It seems like it affected the phone to where it works better. I dunno exactly how it works, but doing ext4 converts everything, i think it works better with google. Right my phone seems much more stable.

No I haven't done the EXT4 yet. Have been thinking about it, but was still reading up on it.
If you say it works good then I guess I'll give it a shot. I already downloaded the files. I was just a little gun shy about pulling the trigger on it.

persianpimp

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
ya, try it man, it's good. I dunno what's up with the txting thing, i keep getting that error, after a while i can't txt. I still think it's because i kill everything in the background which for some reason reset the radio and then doesnt work anymore. Thing is, most times it's good and working, and other times, it wont text lol

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
One thing I noticed after updating my gf's Epic using Odin that it updated with an out of date PRL so perhaps try and update PRL and Profile may help...

Atlienzz

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I think the person that said that the level 2 ram clearing is on to something. I did that yesterday and my texts were not going out. As soon as I rebooted they were sent just fine.

Also yesterday I had a time without signal of 63% which is definitely not the norm for me. Doing the airplane mode workaround fixed it though. I really wish they would have fixed the time without signal bug. That is something that never should have happened in the first place.

robomav

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I manually updated today. Not rooter and my 3 and 4 G appear to be fine. I am loading web pages quickly and I have not noticed any intruptions. But I did have sms sending and receiving issues last week on stock eclair

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21