So what features of Froyo are you liking?

Palm-a-PREciation

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
So, we have the Froyo Bugs thread, thought it would be interesting to see what people are liking about Froyo.

I'm not as tech savvy as most of you on here.....I waited for the OTA update.....I've had some issues, but the one feature that I like the most so far is the customizable dock!!!!! I didn't need Phone and Contacts (seemed kind of redundant), I never used Messaging since I use Handcent, so I replaced that one with Handcent)

For the customizable dock alone, I don't want to go back to Eclair!!!!

Last edited:

RBrown9180

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Being able to move apps to the sd card, without a doubt. It frees up a lot of space on my phone. The customization features are nice as well, but apps to sd is what I've been waiting for.

dchawk81

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
It's snappier - GPS as well as general function.

ETA: I'm between Froyo default and LauncherPro to see of there's a difference in battery usage. I won't go near Touchwiz anymore.

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
The 2.2 upgrade pretty much rendered my Epic useless due to lockups and such. I just switched over to my EVO again so I can use my OnStar to control my GM cars via satellite the 2.2 update in the Epic also rendered that useless as well. Now I'm waiting for the Thunderbolt to drop so I can get rid of Sprint totally. Sprint tries hard but it seems they just can't keep up with the Jones' like Verizon.

Last edited:

NSS

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
I like the whole phone much better and can see myself using this til my next upgrade easily. It seems quicker and more responsive. The email client works better now too and I don't have problems with that anymore. I will try the gps out tonight to make sure its ok. I haven't had any real issues yet.

I dont really have a favorite feature I'm happy with all of the new ones.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

roryn3kids

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
i just traded in my evo shift for an epic (a switched from the palm pre) took 5 minutes to upgrade to froyo - i was amazed how easy it was (i am a phone noob) and it runs flawlessly so far. most of the problems seem to be people who have phone loaded up with apps and data and don't want or know how to do a factory reset before the upgrade. will test out more later such as gps and navigation. I'm loving this phone so far.

bigtimeweb

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Im really digging the integration and expansion of the clock interface to include a timer and stopwatch... and the pinch on home to rearrange my screens...Im forever moving things there to get them just right and that has been a fun addition for me.

Im not so keen on the apps to SD - seems like it sort of broke a couple and any that have widgets lose that ability when they are moved?

Still too chicken and overwhelmed to root and rom ;)

hjstod

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I rooted cause I got tired of waiting for Samsung and Sprint... I must say it was the best move I ever made!!
1. Bubble messaging.... luvvvv it :)
2. I actually get emails in a timely fashion
3. My phone doesn't beep obnoxiously in my ear when I get a text message while on the phone.
4. 2.2 and calendar sync with gmail amazing :)
5. Syncing contacts with facebook, lets me keep their nickname instead of their full facebook name, Dad is Dad :)

Love it all!!!!

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I rooted cause I got tired of waiting for Samsung and Sprint... I must say it was the best move I ever made!!
1. Bubble messaging.... luvvvv it :)
2. I actually get emails in a timely fashion
3. My phone doesn't beep obnoxiously in my ear when I get a text message while on the phone.
4. 2.2 and calendar sync with gmail amazing :)
5. Syncing contacts with facebook, lets me keep their nickname instead of their full facebook name, Dad is Dad :)

Love it all!!!!

I don't have any of the problems above with eclair and I hate bubble messaging. I just want apps to sd and flash would be nice.

Sent from my Epic using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000