Anyone Else Just Happy With Using DK28?

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Hi All, Anyone else just happy with using DK28 and not having problems? I am using DK28 no ROM and have been having no problems at all, was just about to try and go through all the trouble of going backwards unroot and go back to DI18, but it just doesn't seem to be worth the trouble as the DK28 seems to be working fine, it the any problem just leaving the phone on DK28 till it sees it's last days... a year - 16 months?

citiz

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I agree. I went back to DI18,and used the Samsung updater to go to EB13. After a few days of bugs and force closes I went to Sprint and "repairman" told me he couldn't get it to work and I was stuck with the update. I went home, used Odin, I flashed to DK28 and fixed the GPS issue. No problems now

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Despite a bug or two here and there I didn't find anything wrong with DK28. I had really hoped that the official build was going to be DK28, just updated to a newer version number but as you can tell EB13 is a little different from DK28.

TheCrazy88

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
I've been using DK28 with truly epic rom and love it. I can recall only 1 or 2 minor bugs so I haven't had and reason to change yet except maybe curiosity.

ShaLea

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I have been hesitant about updating to EB13 because I seem to have the perfect ROM and my phone is pretty flawless.

|-KGB-|CaptHowdy

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
i am running supernova eb13 and love it. havent noticed anything serious yet. Came from dk28 and the wifi bug really pissed me off. Gps runs great, overclock kernel and this thing flies. Sport mode among everything else working great on my phone

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I think from a devs point of view we enjoyed Froyo DK28 a bit more. They have thrown some curve balls at us in Froyo EB13. The issues will work themselves out over time. Both are close versions for the user and dev, I still can't see what the big hold up was over the release... Politics I guess..

coolqf

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Hated DK28, Syndicate 1.02 (DI18) was way better, and EB13 is as good as Syndicate, with the exception that it can now Skype without any headaches!

Robcy

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I used DK28 (stock, rooted) for a long while. I recently installed EB13 rooted w/ genocide but other wise stock. I am running 1000mhz MAX. And it really is quite faster than the DK28, especially in transitions from the apps to the desktop. I have not had any issues whatsoever, and I can take pictures in Sport mode just fine. The video works as it always has. I liked DK28 since it was also rock solid on my phone, but so far EB13 has also been rock solid just faster. I have tried a couple of ROMs and other than Viper all have had Bluetooth issues connecting to my cars SYNC. So I will try anything on my phone, but stock is where I always end up.

traumahawk

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
i love dk28 with TER. i want to try the new roms (ACE and try TER on eb13...) but i dont want to risk messing up my perfect setup. only thing i dont have working is sports mode... and i can live with that.

eharty

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
i love dk28 with TER. i want to try the new roms (ACE and try TER on eb13...) but i dont want to risk messing up my perfect setup. only thing i dont have working is sports mode... and i can live with that.

I have been reading the forums about experiences with EB13 and am not switching yet. I am running DK28 with TER 1.5 also and am very happy with it. The only thing I am missing is BT dialing and there is no point getting a lot more issues for 1 more feature.

Since9600

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I just don't get why they removed features that was obviously built into the OS like online back-up and the screenshot app also.. I thought with all the delay they was adding features. not removing them... EB13 has been smooth.. but still....

nmoreman

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm rooted and running Midnight 3.1. Had TER 1.5, loved it, but a couple of little things makes me like Midnight more. Response and answers from both developers are so terrific, I can't switch to anything else.

So sense my phone is running perfect, I look at Ace and Midnight 4.something and am scared I will have issues and spend days fixing things again.

Updated my husband's stock D18 to Froyo, he hated it, all kinds of things buggy, so Odined back. Now the only problem he has is his Plantronics won't pair, so something must have crossed wires.

But my phone is so smooth and fast, I'm happy. Thanks to all.

aristarchus

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Currently running Bonsai 2.0.0.1 (dk28 based) and it really is perfect. Fast, and most importantly, my phone battery lasts all day and night.

Bonsai even updated today. I'll probably wait a week or so to let all the kinks work themselves out.