How to switch from USB mode to charging mode

Addie_Goodvibes

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
When Ever I plug my Epic into my PC i get a pop up menu Charging,Mass Storage or tehthered Mode..

So i select Mass storage and take care of all my file transfers ect..

in Android 2.1 the notification bar showed USB mode and I could toggle back to charging Mode.

Now I do not see where I can select charging mode once I stop USB mode.

how do we toggle between USB and charging mode in Android 2.2

(I am running 2.2 DK28)

Addie_Goodvibes

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
There should be a red exclamation point in the notification bar. Hour that notification and the android guy should come up again with the option to turn off....

I see that , but where is the toggle to go back into USb mode if the phone is plugged in just charging. in Android 2.1 there was a toggle in notification to switch from charging to USB mode

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if they still have that in Froyo, Normally whenever I plug into my computer its only to do transfers. I usually don't charge off my computer.

I guess you may have to actually unplug and reinsert the cable on this one my friend to change your selection. We should all know by now anytime there is something simple like this that actually "worked" they change it or remove it in a future update.. That goes for anything in life... Not just cell phones..

Reactions: Addie_Goodvibes

Addie_Goodvibes

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if they still have that in Froyo, Normally whenever I plug into my computer its only to do transfers. I usually don't charge off my computer.

I guess you may have to actually unplug and reinsert the cable on this one my friend to change your selection. We should all know by now anytime there is something simple like this that actually "worked" they change it or remove it in a future update.. That goes for anything in life... Not just cell phones..

Yeah I notice with every update although there are more features added, we still shouldn't have to lose basic functionality like a simple toggle between charging and USB modes.

If it wasn't broke why change it??

I do charge off my PC a lot .. At work for example, i do not want to have to unplug /carry my wall charge adapter to work & from work, even though I do have a couple of them.

Since9600

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I usually use a widget toggle app call widgetsoid to toggle back and forth as I like it on the main screen anyway.. But... yeah... They keep removing features... DK28 had some great extras that was taken away in EB13 as well..

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes completely agree with both of you... If it isn't broke don't change it... But they always do..

Mike, why did they do that and remove some things from DK28? Makes no sense... Take away the built in screen shot, and other little things...

I'm starting to believe Froyo was mainly a "temporary" pit stop between early models beginning with Eclair and newer models that will have Gingerbread or Honeycomb.

Overall Froyo doesn't really seem to have much support on any of the devices. If it worked from the beginning then thats it, otherwise some have gotten an additional update but you don't hear anything else coming from Google on Froyo. Everything is surrounding GB/HC.

Reactions: simple503

elmo

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
If the Charging LED is on, it is charging whether you select Charge, Mass Storage, or Tether. When Mass Storage is turned off, just unplug and plug back in to re-enable it.

Addie_Goodvibes

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
If the Charging LED is on, it is charging whether you select Charge, Mass Storage, or Tether. When Mass Storage is turned off, just unplug and plug back in to re-enable it.

Thanx for the replies all (I have added thanks, I always appreciate those who offer input)

I am aware of this option, prior to flashing Froyo on my phone Eclair had the option in notification area when phone was plugged in USB charging mode to toggle between Charging & USB storage, well Froyo managed to complicate USB mode more by having this graphic screen display about USB mode and turn on USb mode . too many steps for what a simple toggle in notification area would do.

The palm Pre had it correct, and Android 2.1 seemed to have a nice toggle solution.

Why do we have to lose simple functionality when upgrading OS...:confused:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie