What apps do you use most? The facebook/twitter widget is number one on my list for most used, but it has a lot of room from improvement. In the home skype gets used the most due to poor cell coverage. And outside I would say google nav is my most used. Even in areas I am familiar with I still use it for reference and incase I have a craving for that unknown restaurant the epic can show me the way.

I made a short video covering the homepage apps.

03-19-2011 06:14 AM
    Tapatalk FTW!!!!!
    03-19-2011 06:18 AM
    Currently:
    Games:
    1. Guerilla Bob
    2. Impossible level game
    3. Moron test?
    4. Castle warriors
    5. Jet car stunts
    6. Glow Hockey

Reg apps:
    1. Cam Scanner(makes good pdfs)
    2. Speed test app.
    3. Sound hound/Shazam(been finding lots of great tunes lately.
    4. Kindle
    5. Dirty Jokes
    6. All that stuff OP said

OLD TIMES:
    Games:
    1. NFS SHIFT
    2. Radiant
    3. Speedx 3d
    4. PSX
    5. Games by gameloft
    Reg Apps:
    1. Hypno Toad
    2. Instant Heartrate(i stopped working out with precision)
    3. iQuran and Prayer times(I approximate times)
    4. engadget

All these apps are great BTW. 100% approved and tested by me.
    03-19-2011 07:07 AM
    Most used has to be Pure Messenger.. Twitter, FB, SMS, Email all in one.. I love it. I would have paid 4 times the price.. Widgetsoid is a must to me also. Then there is Dolphin HD, Angry Birds (duh right?), Catch, Splashtop, LauncherPro Plus,.....
    03-19-2011 04:33 PM
    most used apps for me is....
    Go Launcher
    TeleNav GPS Navigator
    Google Maps
    Handcent
    Pure Calendar Agenda
    Pure Calendar Grid
    Pure Messenger
    K-9 FP
    Beautiful Weather Widget
    Quick App Clean Cache
    Astro
    Dolphin Browser
    Quick Settings
    Notes
    Slacker
    Pandora

Most used games.....
    Need For Speed
    X-Plane
    Angry Birds
    03-19-2011 04:53 PM
    Most used for me:

LauncherPro Plus <- love it.
    Handcent
    Smooth Calendar Widget<- love this too. Easy. simple. works.
    Beautiful Widgets
    Weatherbug
    Flikie Wallpaper HD <- great backgrounds!
    OI Safe

Things I have to have running to operate the way I want:

Timeriffic <- set up custom profiles according to time and day almost any options available.. I have it set to auto turn off only notifications on work nights and then auto turn them back on at 6am the nxt day.

Missed call <- because I wasn't getting repeating alerts if I missed a phone call but they didn't leave a msg or anything.
    03-19-2011 05:50 PM
    Seesmic, pulse, Sirius xm, winamp, avsforum, angry birds, words with friends
    03-19-2011 07:37 PM
    Seesmic (Twitter)
    Handcent
    Gmail
    WinAmp
    Tunewiki ( Shoutcast works flawlessly)
    Google Listen & Doggcatcher ( podcasts on my daily comute)
    Google Voice ( international calls )
    Astro File manager
    03-19-2011 08:32 PM
    Words with Friends
    Score Mobile
    News and Weather stock app
    Dolphin HD browser
    Engadget
    My Cast Lite
    Jorte
    Facebook
    03-20-2011 12:28 AM
    Thanks for the lists. I have some new apps to try.
    03-20-2011 03:25 AM
    Favorite Apps:
    Moola
    Stock massaging
    Stock email
    Sprint Navigation
    Launcher pro plus
    Power amp
    Stock Browser
    Sirius XM

Apps I want removed but can't:
    NASCAR
    Facebook
    Sprint TV
    Sprint Zone

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
    03-20-2011 03:32 AM
    Favorite Apps:
    Moola
    Stock massaging
    Stock email
    Sprint Navigation
    Launcher pro plus
    Power amp
    Stock Browser
    Sirius XM

Apps I want removed but can't:
    NASCAR
    Facebook
    Sprint TV
    Sprint Zone

If you root it you can pick and choose which sprint apps you want on it
    03-20-2011 05:24 AM
    I use
    1. GoLauncher Ex

2 Go Sms

3 gReader pro

4 plug in launcher (launches certain apps whn you plug audio cord or USB cable...extra

5. Winamp

6. Tapatalk!!

sent from my big red fasN8 using tapatalk pro
    03-20-2011 05:35 AM
    Evernote
    CNETtv
    Homerun Battle HD
    Kindle
    Facebook
    Qik
    Google Maps
    Sprint tv
    eBay
    Chase Bank app
    Gmail
    03-20-2011 06:21 AM
    If you root it you can pick and choose which sprint apps you want on it
    I can not root my phone.

03-20-2011 11:36 AM
    angry birds
    words with friends
    facebook
    google reader
    sms
    03-20-2011 12:15 PM
    Root explorer
    AMLauncher (can't wait until the dev updates it)
    Weatherbug
    ES File Explorer (built in LAN access makes transfering files from device to my home network back n forth so nice)
    03-20-2011 12:19 PM
    I can not root my phone.

Keith, just cut to the chase already and say "you choose not to root your phone for your own personal reasons, not that it can't be done."

Trust me its not like there is a running list somewhere in Sprints or Sammy's database of "known" rooters that are going against warranty terms. If there is I want to be #1 on the list. !!! I'm rooted and proud of it, Sprint knows it , Sammy knows it and Google knows it....

Heck a week ago I was at my local Sprint repair place getting my daughters Pixi replaced, he saw my phone running my ACE ROM. He asked is that stock or rooted ? I looked at him and said what do you think? AOSP lockscreen, AMLauncher, SetCPU overclocked widget on my homescreen... Ya its all stock baby.... LOL.... He looked he liked it....
    03-20-2011 12:37 PM
    Keith, just cut to the chase already and say "you choose not to root your phone for your own personal reasons, not that it can't be done."

Trust me its not like there is a running list somewhere in Sprints or Sammy's database of "known" rooters that are going against warranty terms. If there is I want to be #1 on the list. !!! I'm rooted and proud of it, Sprint knows it , Sammy knows it and Google knows it....

Heck a week ago I was at my local Sprint repair place getting my daughters Pixi replaced, he saw my phone running my ACE ROM. He asked is that stock or rooted ? I looked at him and said what do you think? AOSP lockscreen, AMLauncher, SetCPU overclocked widget on my homescreen... Ya its all stock baby.... LOL.... He looked he liked it....
    No I can't. I've tried and destroyed a nook color and will not destroy this much more expensive epic. Tried to install froyo on my nook and it is now nothing more than an expensive coaster.

Some people just CAN'T grasp your very complicated instructions.

03-20-2011 01:14 PM
    No I can't. I've tried and destroyed a nook color and will not destroy this much more expensive epic. Tried to install froyo on my nook and it is now nothing more than an expensive coaster.

Sounds like you need to contact one of the Advisers or Mods over in the Nook section. I'm not sure how the Nook is setup but if its like our Epics, if you can get into Download Mode (which is used when using Odin) to do a factory reset/restore then it can most likely be fixed. If its a "coaster" then you really have nothing to loose at this point, its worth a try...

I'm sure if your straight out honest with them about your rooting skills they will walk you step by step, some advisers/mods have even offered a more personal approach by working with you over GTalk or other means of one on one messaging to help you threw the process.

tntdroid, is one of the mods over in the Nook Color section. He can or knows where to direct you to get you help.

Just a thought Keith.
    03-20-2011 01:32 PM
    Sounds like you need to contact one of the Advisers or Mods over in the Nook section. I'm not sure how the Nook is setup but if its like our Epics, if you can get into Download Mode (which is used when using Odin) to do a factory reset/restore then it can most likely be fixed. If its a "coaster" then you really have nothing to loose at this point, its worth a try...

I'm sure if your straight out honest with them about your rooting skills they will walk you step by step, some advisers/mods have even offered a more personal approach by working with you over GTalk or other means of one on one messaging to help you threw the process.

tntdroid, is one of the mods over in the Nook Color section. He can or knows where to direct you to get you help.

Just a thought Keith.
    Thanks. I spent the better part of 2 days going over all the steps over and over. Then spent the better part of a week trying to get it to work and finally ending up with something as useful as a coaster.

I consider my command of the english language far better than average. I've been an aircraft jet engine mechanic for over 30 years and have no problem following instructions in tech and repair manuals. But can't wrap my head around the instructions given here for these damned phones.

03-20-2011 02:23 PM

No, some people just WON'T take the time to learn. Unless you have some bona fide learning disability, there's no legitimate reason you shouldn't be able to figure it out with enough time and effort. I'm not claiming it came easy to me - on the contrary, I bricked my phone twice trying to install my first custom rom, and it took me the better part of a day to actually get it working. But I figured it out, and once I did I realized that rooting is really quite a simple process. If you don't want to root, fine, don't root- but admit that it's only because you don't want to learn how.
    03-20-2011 03:29 PM
    Easy now.. Lets keep it under control... If there is one thing that should be made clear is this forum will not take the approach to its members as other forums have. Treat everyone with some respect, give everyone a change to explain themselves or choices they've made and help as much as possible instead of shoving people away...

I was probably a bit harsh in my words to Keith at first but I never knew the reason behind his thoughts against rooting. I guess if I bricked a new device and had no success getting it back up and running I would be hesitant too...

I do believe like I said, if it can be put into "Download Mode" or "Recovery Mode" whatever your devices mode is to use Odin or restoring tool to reset your device then there is always hope. A true brick is only one that does not respond or enter your devices recovery mode used to restore to factory stock.

We do have some very talented Advisers, Mods and members here that are willing to help and go out of their way to get people going again. If one choses not to root or attempt it again after a failed process then we are not here to bash on them.

I apologize if I did overstep my boundries Keith, as I said I did not realize your situation. Its understandable, but please do consider my offer to contact one of the Mods/Advisers in the Nook Color section. They maybe able to really help you out if you explain your situation to them, shoot them a PM if you would like to keep it on a more private level and they will deal with it from there.

Until then, Keith keep those posts coming we do enjoy hearing your input
    03-20-2011 04:29 PM