Who will jump ship to the EVO 3D?

Who is going to jump ship to the EVO 3D

• Total voters

tsutlick

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I really like my Epic, so I won't jump ship for the Evo 3D. Although it's an impressive piece of equipment, I am completely sold on the super amoled screen! I regularly compare my wife's original Evo & my Epic and can't believe the difference in screen quality.

I, like most others here, was also sick of waiting for FroYo so I rooted & flashed a custom ROM (SyndicateROM). Been running it for 3 weeks & everything's great! :cool:

Everlast716

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Ya know, I really thought it was cool looking and it is very intriguing. But after going to best buy yesterday and playing with the Nintendo 3DS demo they had available. As much as I'll admit the 3d was awesome, it hurt my eyes badly and that wasn't even for 30 seconds. I compare it to when you were a kid, and you asked to wear your parents or friends glasses, then it messes up your vision. I think I will wait till Xmas time to see what new phones come out then.

jerseykat1

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
If it has a physical keyboard I will consider it. I am not buying any phone ever without a physical keyboard unless it can read my mind. Touchscreen keyboards are crap. all of them, end of story...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I will, without a doubt be switching to the HTC EVO 3D. For one, pretty much every aspect of the new EVO is better than the Epic, such as, (Screen QHD, Processor, 3D capability, newest Android OS, FFC 1.3MP) Not to mention that we can all expect updates, as in software updates, to come faster than it has with the Epic. The second it's released, my Epic will be retired.

lorcha

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
I don't upgrade a device unless I'm getting something tangible. When I upgraded from the Palm Pre Minus to the Epic, I got a huge speed upgrade, an app market upgrade, and an upgrade to 4G.

So what would the Evo 3D get me?
Recording in 3D: don't care.
Gingerbread: doesn't buy me much.
Spec bump: don't care. The Epic is powerful enough for the time being.
Sense: nice, but not enough to make me upgrade.

I think my next phone will be an HTC slab with no keyboard, but it will probably be whatever comes after the Evo 3D.

traumahawk

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
i may be jumping this november when i get my annual upgrade. depends on how its ratings are holding up (and IF its got a perm root and community behind it). not gonna jump into my next phone without makin sure it preforms as well as its advertised.

CDEggebrecht

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I just got my Epic back in December, so I'm not replacing it any time soon. I'm convinced 3D is still just a fad, and every 3D technology still gives me headaches.

scoob

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I need a physical keyboard and will be keeping my Epic because the wifie would kill me if I got 2 new phones within the same year, considering I just got my Epic earlier this month...

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Do you guys think the epic 2 would be better than the htc evo 3d?

I orginally chose the Epic 4G over the Evo 4G for the better size (a bit smaller/lighter), the sharper display and the keyboard--and I love my choice. If Sprint releases a Galaxy S II phone with a keyboard (an Epic 2) I'd go for it in a heartbeat. The same things will be true except that it will be faster, thinner and have an even better display than the current Epic. Plus I don't care about the 3D, so that doesn't really sway me. But it's all subjective and there's no word yet about what Sprint is doing about a successor Galaxy S phone.