Text messages will not send on ANY EB13 based ROM

jrdatrackstar1223

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
I am having a problem where every now and then (probably once a day) I'll be sending texts just fine, and then suddenly I'll send one that gets stuck "sending" instead of a timestamp of it being sent. This then happens to any texts sent after that happens, and the only remedy is to do a battery pull/ reset the phone. After it reboots, it sends. Has anyone else had this problem, and is there a solution?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I am having a problem where every now and then (probably once a day) I'll be sending texts just fine, and then suddenly I'll send one that gets stuck "sending" instead of a timestamp of it being sent. This then happens to any texts sent after that happens, and the only remedy is to do a battery pull/ reset the phone. After it reboots, it sends. Has anyone else had this problem, and is there a solution?

EB13 bug I believe... Few hours/days maybe things will change with the new release.

BTW, you haven't had a good run of luck with your Epic 4g have you?

Atlienzz

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
This is a bug that I've reported several times but I don't see mentioned in any official bug list.

If you go into RAM management and do a LEVEL 2 RAM clear, it kills a critical SMS process that won't allow your phone to send a text until reboot. Somebody mentioned that the airplane toggle fixed the issue but I have not been able to confirm because I haven't done a level 2 ram clear since I found the issue.

This is only in EB13 as I don't believe the option to do a level 2 clear was available in eclair.

Reactions: ShaLea

ShaLea

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I have experienced this same problem. I just use the quick reboot app from the market. when it reboots the msg is sent. I haven't pinned it down to the Ram clear issue that Atlienzz mentions. I recently cleared my RAM2 and jsut sent a text w/no problems. It seems as long as I do a periodic reboot, i don't experience the hang ups - or experience less hang-ups. FYI, I'm using GOSMS.

Atlienzz

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Well that's weird, I just tested it now and the level 2 clear didn't mess up my SMS. I tested this a while back and a couple of other people confirmed it. I have no idea then.

mrbikle

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
SMS Message Fail- Syndicate rom

I have been having an ongoing issue with some custom roms where the phone will stop sending text messages for a few minutes, and then will start sending them again after awhile. I will get multiple message delivery failures, even when I have plenty of signal strength. I have refreshed my PRL and profile to no avail. Has anyone experienced this yet?

For reference I am running Syndicate 1.0.2, but have had this issue since rooted (1 hour after buying the phone).

Any input would be great.... Since this is such a frustrating issue.

persianpimp

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Well that's weird, I just tested it now and the level 2 clear didn't mess up my SMS. I tested this a while back and a couple of other people confirmed it. I have no idea then.

It happens almost everytime, sometimes it doesn't though. So, do it one more time and you can't send lol

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I have this once and a while but ususally in a weak signal area at work. Then lately, I've been getting late texts, upto a day late sometimes. Don't understand that either.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1