stuck in "Use My Location" question loop...

antmon1

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
something really really strange has happened to my epic....

just a couple of hours ago, any time i type to search for something or if i select the search button, i get prompted to "Use My Location" "Do you want to allow Google to use location for improved search results and other services?"

doesn't matter if i select Agree or Disagree....i'm stuck in a loop to keep answering the question...

if i hit Home, the Task Manager i see "Google Search" and "Google Services Framework" runing...

i've never seen this before so not sure how to fix it...

i've rebooted, updated my prl and profile, airplane mode on/off....i've given acces to Use Wirless Networks from within Location and Security but it doesn't help....

i haven't instaled anything new after flashing to 1.02 Syndicate rom last night...

i'm unable to use my phone and it's driving me nuts.... any suggestions?

thanks

antmon1

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
i wanna say yes to wiping 3x when i first flashed to a clean 1.02 but dont remember...

i started getting some google framework, swype, messaging and acore(?) fc as well so jut rebooted into cw and cleared the cache....that seemed to have stopped theslew of fc errors..

inkdup102586

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I would wipe 3x time and reflash, just to make sure, it seemed to make all my errors go away.
i havent had any with the new rom, and i have the same as you

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I've said this before about CIQ Removal, its very sensitive to things. It doesn't react like a non CIQ removal ROM.

You have to do the 3x wipe on all three things before you flash these ROMs. If you flash a CIQ removal compliant theme then only cache & dalvik.

Sometimes clearing the cache in Settings>Apps>Manage on the app causing FC's will clear things out but normally if your getting google framework FC's, then its time for a reflash..

anon(98984)

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm on midnight rom v5 and I'm having the same problem after running it without problems for a couple of days. Shame because I don't want to wipe it again.

anon(98984)

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
It looks like I fixed it by using adb shell to delete /system/app/GoogleServicesFramework.apk and unzipping the Midnight rom and installing it again. we'll see if it works

ghmacdonald

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Loop in Google search

Glad I found this thread. I was having the problem - to the point that I took the search box off my screen. Read about the possible fixes and tried the following:

I went into settings, applications, manage applications, all, google services framework.

I force stop it and clear data.

Tried google search again and it worked great. I then put it back onto the start screens.

Boy am I glad for these forums.

By the way I a running ACS frozen 1.1

George MacDonald

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney