Why the fuss over Sprint ID?

jamex

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I read many complaints about Sprint ID as if you were forced to use it but now that I have it I don't get what the fuss was about. This thing is actually useful and works perfect. Nothing like I thought it would be from reading the forums. Best of all you don't have to use it.

Last edited:
Reactions: anon4757448

robomav

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I think it has been updated from what they said it was going to be. I think the original version was going to be worse

ducatti20

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I read many complaints about Sprint ID as if you were forced to use it but now that I have it I don't get what the fuss was about. This thing is actually useful and works perfect. Nothing like I thought it would be from reading the forums. Best of all you don't have to use it.

I was thinking the same thing... I personally probably will not use it at all outside of fooling around with it, but I definately do not find it intrusive or difficult to get rid of..

Mike77

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site

People had no idea what it was so they made stuff up, their worst fear I suppose.

jrz5024

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Its like an APP, it has no effect unless you access it. None whatsoever.

Many apps have background processes that run continuously whether or not you access them. Ever notice Asphalt HD starting in the background all the time? That's what concerns me with Sprint ID.

vansmack

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
My only problem with Sprint iD is that someone from Sprint thought I would want to change my iD more than I would want to access the web with my smartphone...silly decision.

I used it for a day, had a little fun with it and went back to LauncherPro because of it's flexibility.

It does not run in the background for those concerned.

Reactions: ericdives

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I think the program is useful for the average Android user. It's easy to use, easy to switch ID's, and gives you new ring tones / wallpapers etc. I have mentioned before, my mother and father in-laws are Android users and I can see Spring ID helping them get more use out of their phones.

The good thing is we are not forced to use this. I tried it, downloaded several ID's and noticed things running in the background I didn't want running at the moment. I quickly realized I have my phone set perfect for me without the need for Sprint ID. I was able to uninstall everything easily.

tomy2001

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Many apps have background processes that run continuously whether or not you access them. Ever notice Asphalt HD starting in the background all the time? That's what concerns me with Sprint ID.

I agree with you. If you use it or not it will be in your phone using energy. I will not get EC05. I will a custom rom base on EC05 instead.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
My only problem with Sprint iD is that someone from Sprint thought I would want to change my iD more than I would want to access the web with my smartphone...silly decision.

I used it for a day, had a little fun with it and went back to LauncherPro because of it's flexibility.

It does not run in the background for those concerned.

Yea. What's up with that. Is there any way to get rid of that? It even effects the stock launcher which I would like to use but now won't because of that.

nfogg

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
So I checked out the Sprint ID. It's not bad but now every time I press the home key, it takes me out of ADW Launcher and back into Sprint ID. Anyway to to stop that behavior short of rooting and deleting Sprint ID?

nfogg

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I think the program is useful for the average Android user. It's easy to use, easy to switch ID's, and gives you new ring tones / wallpapers etc. I have mentioned before, my mother and father in-laws are Android users and I can see Spring ID helping them get more use out of their phones.

The good thing is we are not forced to use this. I tried it, downloaded several ID's and noticed things running in the background I didn't want running at the moment. I quickly realized I have my phone set perfect for me without the need for Sprint ID. I was able to uninstall everything easily.
Are you using the stock Touch Whiz?

nfogg

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
So I checked out the Sprint ID. It's not bad but now every time I press the home key, it takes me out of ADW Launcher and back into Sprint ID. Anyway to to stop that behavior short of rooting and deleting Sprint ID?
Nevermind. I found it. I had to clear the default launcher that was set by Sprint ID. Life is good again :)

Reactions: rando991

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone else experience this when using the stock launcher:

Live wallpaper freezes (reboot fixed this)

And the I can't delete images from the gallery. I rebooted several times. It just freezes up and never does anything. I switches back to tw and it worked fine.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay