Epic Charges really slow comlared to OG Droid

Nasko

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Hey wanted to see if anyone has a resolution for this problem. I have two eipics, one is rooted, one is completely stock (wife). Both take forever to charge, I have tried stock chargers, also htc, motorola, and blackberry chargers. No matter which I use, it takes good 3+ hours from empty to blue light. I had the OG droid, and that thing would charge for like 1.5hrs. Are guys having the same expirience? Any solutions would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Yep that is about the going rate of time for a charge. I don't think it has anything to do with the charger or cables, more on what the kernel is set at for a charging rate.

Besides I think a slower charge is better in the long run for battery life than a "fast" or quick charge. I know that is how it played out on RC Cars and their Ni Cads and now even the Lypos, quick charge is nice but a slower charge is better for overall battery life and also seems to give a longer run time.

Aero

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
it is limited to about 650 ma. It is not for the battery per se, as fast charge does not harm lilons in any appreciable way. on the galaxy It has to do with limiting heat

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
it is limited to about 650 ma. It is not for the battery per se, as fast charge does not harm lilons in any appreciable way. on the galaxy It has to do with limiting heat

Yep that too... Forgot to mention that.. Faster the charge=more heat coming from the battery cells when they are charging..

Nasko

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I have a question, is this ROM dependant,meaning is there a way for a dev to increase the charging speed, even if it gives out more heat. Of course it still should within a safe temp, range.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy