After the Froyo OTA update on my Samsung Epic 4G (stock non rooted), I started seeing some of my calendar events listed multiple times on my phone but only listed once via Google on the web. This isn't happening on just one of my calendars but on across all of my calendars (3 gmail; 2 personal and one shared family) for selected events. Does anyone have a resolution to this issue?

I have searched the forums but could not find a thread that matched my problem. If I missed the resolution to this in another thread, please point me to the one I missed and I apologize for the double posting.

Any assistance provided would be greatly appreciated.
    03-28-2011 12:08 PM
    Calander Question: On the Calandar 1 - day view it shows my events but there are no times listed. IF I put it on list then the times are there. Is there any reason why I am not getting the times in the 1 day view like I did before the upgrade?

Anyone having this issue or a solution?

Thanks,

Tom
    03-28-2011 04:39 PM
    After the Froyo OTA update on my Samsung Epic 4G (stock non rooted), I started seeing some of my calendar events listed multiple times on my phone but only listed once via Google on the web. This isn't happening on just one of my calendars but on across all of my calendars (3 gmail; 2 personal and one shared family) for selected events. Does anyone have a resolution to this issue?

I have searched the forums but could not find a thread that matched my problem. If I missed the resolution to this in another thread, please point me to the one I missed and I apologize for the double posting.

Any assistance provided would be greatly appreciated.
    After the update, did you do a factory reset, then restore your Calendar by logging back into your Google account to get your Contacts and Calendar back? Then do a restore of your Calendar from another source.

If so, this will dupllicate your Calendar entries on your device....
    03-28-2011 09:51 PM
    Calander Question: On the Calandar 1 - day view it shows my events but there are no times listed. IF I put it on list then the times are there. Is there any reason why I am not getting the times in the 1 day view like I did before the upgrade?

Anyone having this issue or a solution?

Thanks,

Tom
    All day events won't show in the 1 day time grid. All day events will show in a box above the time grid. Timed events will show in the 1 day time grid.

The list is an agenda, which is different from the other Calendar grids....
    03-28-2011 09:57 PM
    TreoTraveler: Thanks.

New Event Time Solution

After messing around I found that if I schedule an event with the same begin/end time the time does not show up in the one day view.

If I set it with a different begin/end time it does. This is different from before.. but at least it does show a time... so the 1 - day view works.

If I am doing something wrong, please advise...

I also posted this elsewhere so if I messed up I apologize..

Tx - Tom
    03-29-2011 08:47 AM
    After the update, did you do a factory reset, then restore your Calendar by logging back into your Google account to get your Contacts and Calendar back? Then do a restore of your Calendar from another source.

If so, this will dupllicate your Calendar entries on your device....
    TreoTraveler - thanks for your response above. However, no I didn't do a factory reset. I just did the update (which forced a reboot) and then re entered my password to connect to my google accounts.

Any new calendar events that are sent to me are shown twice but not on the web version of the particular Google calendar.

Any other ideas?
    03-29-2011 10:24 AM
    I have come across this on occasion... I resolved the issue by using MyBackupPro... I deleted all dupes in my contacts and calendar, then backed up using this program... when I restore after a flash, I set up as normal, and let google load a few contacts and calendar events... my backup will then takeover at this point, and when it restores, it will erase everything in contacts/calendar that google had restored to the phone, and you will not have dupes... if you want to back up to google, at that point I allow syncing, and then to be extra safe, I restore 1 more time again with MyBackUp Pro... that way you know everything is up to date and there will be no dupes anywhere... it's actually not nearly as tedious as process as I describe it... hope it helps...
    03-29-2011 10:25 AM
    This happens on my girlfriends epic, only it does it multiple times for google, yahoo, and facebook, even though she has the settings for facebook set to not do this. At any rate, we did a factory reset and they quadrupled.
    03-29-2011 12:46 PM