Any idea why my Epic wont play any divx, xvid, mp4 etc?

kuhne

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I tried a bunch of divx and xvid files, I also tried converting them into mp4 and other formats and every time it says unsupported format.

I also downloaded vplayer and rockplayer and all they do is freeze for a while then go back to the main screen.

I am running stock ec05 (installed by going from eclair to ec05 via update.zip) unrooted, RTS. Any ideas?

Thanks

jrz5024

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Try doubletwist, it will play anything the Epic supports. I'm fairly certain the Epic supports divx and Xvid, mp4 I'm not so sure, but divx and xvid files should play on doubletwist.

vansmack

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes, I lose the ability to play these files as well. A reboot resets the ability to play them...

You might also NOT stop media hub or DRMcontrol in the task manager - this seems to be the culprit, but I can't guarantee it.

I just tested each of the file types you listed above on EC05 and can currently play them.

kuhne

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Strange... well I completly wiped and went to syndicate rom the new ec05 version.. I hope that does something. Thanks guys

kuhne

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Ok just an update.

I was using stock ec05 with advanced task killer and I had my settings to auto kill and in crazy, which means it pretty much closed everything, not sure if that was giving me problems or not but just to put it out there.

I had gone from stock eclair to stock ec05 via update.zip

So what I did was completly wipe and format my sd card and go back to stock eclair then instead went to stock eb18 and then ran the update.zip for eb18 instead of the bigger one for eclair and ended up in ec05 stock again (no root, no ext file system)

Tried a random divx file and it worked, so I have no idea what changed from last time to now but I wont be installing atk anymore, I rather have crap running in the background. I was also geting a lot of bugs in my last build, this one seems to be a bit more bugfree