3G Speed issue fixed!

jdegroot01#AC

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
My epic I got when it first came out died so I took it into my local store here in Sacramento. They were not able to fix it so they gave me a refurbished model. Within an hour or so I upgraded to EC05 and was stuck with 3G speeds literally 20 times slower than with my older phone. They tried to tell me it was the extended battery I had installed that was causing my phone to scream to a halt while checking email or downloading applications from the android market. I left the phone with the sprint folks and they told me that the software that came OTA was not the right version! They loaded a version which supposedly was released by samsung on 3/27 and the phone is now rock solid. I have great battery life outstanding 3G and 4G speeds but my battery is sucking dry by the end of the day with a 3500 Mah battery in the phone. If you are having problems with 3G speed take your phone to an authorized sprint repair facility and get them to fix it! I was seriously considering getting an HTC phone or waiting for the Nexus to be released but my phone is better speed wise than ever before.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
S:d700.0.5S.ec05

If I could only type after the 0.5 it's an S not a 5!

You're on EC05. You probably had a phone with a bad/malfunctioning radio. It was switching phones that fixed your problem, not switching software (you're on the same software as before).

a_c_s

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I used ODIN to flash EC05 within days of it's availability a couple weeks back and am on this software as well, so would tend to concur with Rag that it was likely your radio... my 3g and 4g speeds have been normal...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674