Where are contact groups?

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong - but I don't believe there is a way to edit a contact's group using the stock contacts app.

You could try downloading a 3rd party contacts app, but I can't say for sure that it will have this function.

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong - but I don't believe there is a way to edit a contact's group using the stock contacts app.

You could try downloading a 3rd party contacts app, but I can't say for sure that it will have this function.

Yes you can! But you have to have the contacts you want to put in groups saved to the Phone instead of GMail.

Go to Contacts, select the Group tab and either create a new one or select one of the existing ones and use the menu button to "add a member."

IF you cannot find any groups in your contacts group tab, then either you or the Sprint tech that loaded your contacts may have a Contacts VCD file instead of just using the Google Cloud to sync your contacts. In this case the default phone contact file will have been overwritten and you won't have or be able to edit groups on your phone, except for the default ones on google (and these can only be edited on your computer).

To get this function back, you must make sure to save all your contacts to Google Mail. Then do a factory reset. Next resync your contacts with Google. Finally, you will need to make duplicate contacts of the ones you want to put in groups and save those to the Phone (instead of Google). I also keep a copy of these contacts with google (yes I have some duplicates) in case I ever have to reset the phone again.

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
your groups should still be there if you didn't IMPORT the contact file (.vcd). Open the contacts and select the Group tab. You should see the Google Groups as well as the Phone Groups. You can edit the Phone Groups from your phone, but the Google Groups can only be edited on your computer.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers