Google Maps keeps "force closing" after latest update

fcjr77

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Since I updated my Google Maps this week, I have been having issues with Latitude and Maps. It keeps saying that google maps has stopped working and force closes it. Also, it crashes when I use the Latitude widget on my home scren. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Since I updated my Google Maps this week, I have been having issues with Latitude and Maps. It keeps saying that google maps has stopped working and force closes it. Also, it crashes when I use the Latitude widget on my home scren. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Have you tried going to settings>apps>manage apps> then MAPS and clear the cache/data? You could even try uninstalling the update there and then redownload the update and see if things improve.

fcjr77

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I tried clearing the data and that didn't work. I then uninstalled the update and redownloaded it. That worked perfectly. Thanks!

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't get the FC but I'm still having this stupid bug where my location doesn't work after the first time (from reboot or data clear) then shows me in that location no matter where I am. When I turn wifi or GPS on it finds me... but as soon as I turn those off it's back to the first spot it found me off cell signal.

I tried uninstalling updates and reinstalling and everything. No help. Is it summer yet?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781