Problem Reestablishing Service

mikehardez

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
In a particular building on my college campus, I get no service. I can deal with this, but I've noticed lately that even after I exit the building and return to a place where I know I get service (outside my house, for example) I still get nothing.

It will say "searching for service" on the lock screen, but no matter how long I wait, it never finds a signal. At first I tried toggling airplane mode but that didn't solve anything. Rebooting the phone immediately fixed it (service returned and stayed on), but it seems to be the only way to get service back if I lose it because of my location.

I'm running SyndicateROM Frozen 1.1.0 but I didn't want to post in that thread because I'm unsure if this problem is a ROM bug.

If there's any other relevant information I can provide that would assist in finding a solution to this problem please let me know.

jrz5024

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm running SRF 1.0.2 and it happens to me occasionally. It's kind of annoying, but rebooting fixes it, and it only seems to happen when I have had many days uptime.

fareal

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Same problem here at work. Sometimes no signal in the building and when I come out of the building I have to reboot to get signal.

onethirty5

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I am getting the same problem. But this was on a brand new phone, so uptime is not an issue here. Anyone that can actually maybe give an idea on why it is happening???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12