update to 2.2 or not?

evoldroid

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I just got my Samsung epic yesterday after returning the evoshift for it.My question is should I update my phone to 2.2. Or leave it on 2.1? The lady said I should wait a week before I do it because they have been having trouble with 2.2 on the epic. I'm just getting sick of the pop ups reminding me to update.

TheCrazy88

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
I've been running stock ECO5 and its working fine no problems. I don't see why you shouldn't update unless you just don't want to. If you have any problems I'm sure you could find a fix some were in the forums.

treotraveler

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
I just got my Samsung epic yesterday after returning the evoshift for it.My question is should I update my phone to 2.2. Or leave it on 2.1? The lady said I should wait a week before I do it because they have been having trouble with 2.2 on the epic. I'm just getting sick of the pop ups reminding me to update.

It's up to you on if you want to upgrade to Froyo or not. I went from 2.1 Eclair, to OTW Froyo EB13 2.2.1 to OTA Froyo EC05 2.2.1.

I have had no real issues with Froyo EB13 or EC05. My Epic works great. Most issues users have, can be fixed with a Factory Reset to dump the memory. Anytime time I run an update, I do two Factory Resets from Recovery Mode. Then I log into my gmail account, to get my Calendar and Contacts back, then get some backed up data back from another source, then do a fresh install of my apps and widgets. Epic runs great......

dead78

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
honestly, I wouldn't. take some time to get used to the phone and (hopefully) wait for Samsung to work the bugs out of this release. if I could do it over again, I would have stuck with 2.1. I'm noticing more sluggish behavior and decreased battery life. my phone requires reboots far more frequently than it did before.

and on a somewhat less significant note, what they did with the call log is absolutely moronic.

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
My wife has had no problem with the latest version of 2.2. (I'm rooted still on DK28 Truly Epic Rom- no problems)

As far as not liking the bubble SMS or the call logs... "there's an app for that" actually, there's a FEW apps for that. Many great options from Go Development. Go Contacts, (includes Go Dialer and a call log- all very Sense like) Go SMS Pro, Handcent, Chomp... just a few suggestions.

Take some initiative and fix it. Beauty of Android.

Imagine if you were on iphone and hated the single option you're given and NO apps to correct the problem?

unclefacts

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I did the Odin back to 2.1 then the update.zip method last week, and have been enjoying trouble free froyo ever since.

imho most definitely get your epic to 2.2 it works

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2