Update on my new Epic

Possum15

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Also, I keep getting a popup for PrivusMobile, anyone know where this could be coming from?

Wow, I just found it in my app drawer. Dont' know where it came from.

Dont know where the rest of my post went but here it goes again. After having EVO and Epic I can say EVO has better reception. Epic picks up and holds a wifi signal better. I don't use the keyboard much but when I do, I'm glad I have it. GPS on my new one is almost instant. the only problem I am having is still battery life. Stats for today:
6h 3m unplugged, Display 88%, Cell standby 8%, Idle 2%. My TWS is 49% even though I have airave at home and get -81dbm at work. Display time on 55m. I am probably going to one-click root tonight if you guys think I can get better battery life. The only thing I can spare to lose is 4G, since it's not avail here.

Last edited:

Atlienzz

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Just plugged it in, down to 23% on battery. No wifi, no GPS.

Your battery drain seems to be caused by the time without service bug. Every time you restart your phone remember to toggle the airplane mode on and off to get rid of that bug. That should greatly increase your battery life.

Reactions: Possum15

Atlienzz

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
If you do decide to root. I would recommend using CWM 3 to convert your file system to EXT4 and then flash the syndicate frozen ROM. I'm getting about 2 days of battery life now.

Reactions: Possum15

Possum15

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Update to the update

I performed the following procedure. Don't remember where I saw it.

Turned phone on.
Took battery out.
Press and held power button 15 seconds.
Put battery back in and powered on.

I'll keep you up to date on battery life while trying to use it the same as yesterday. How do you turn DRM services off?

Atlienzz

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I performed the following procedure. Don't remember where I saw it.

Turned phone on.
Took battery out.
Press and held power button 15 seconds.
Put battery back in and powered on.

I'll keep you up to date on battery life while trying to use it the same as yesterday. How do you turn DRM services off?

I have not seen that procedure before, but that doesn't mean it won't work. Be sure to toggle airplane mode as well to clear the time without service bug.

On the DRM thing when I was on eclair I could go into settings --> Applications --> then running services and find the media hub DRM service and shut it off. Some reported that process turns back on every time you reboot the phone as well so that may need to be done often. However with that said I cleared that process very little. The TWS bug was the main culprit of battery drain for me and many others.

Many of the newer ROMS today have a fix built in that keeps the TWS bug from appearing. YMMV.

Possum15

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
As of right now Time on 5h 1m
Screen Time on 39m38s
Display 90%
WiFi 4%
Cell Standby 4%
Phone idle 2%
TWS 0%

Sitting at 76% battery.

Possum15

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Time On 7h 52m
Screen Time On 1h 7m
Display 88%
Voice 5%
Cell Standby 3%
WiFi 2%
Idle 1%
TWS 0%

Battery at 61%

Now if I could just get good reception I would be content. At lunch I was standing beside a friend with a Hero and I dropped my call twice and he said his wasn't even breaking up.

Possum15

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
On 9h 41m
Screen Time on 1hr 25min
display 87%
Voice 6%
Cell Standby 3%
WiFi 2%
Idle 1%

Sitting at 46% right now. Not bad at all. Now someone help me with the reception.

vansmack

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
And for your knowledge, Privus Mobile came from one of the Sprint iD's you were probably messing around with. I don't remember which one, but it was quickly removed on my phone. Huge PITA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol