Removing Default Messaging Icon form Home Page

jabanas1

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to remove the default messaging icon from the bottom of the home page. I use handcent and the default messaging icon keeps popping up with a count everytime a message comes through. I have disabled notifications and auto retrieve but the icon keeps on counting. I have to go to the default messaging to clear this. I would rather just remove the icon if possible.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Are you talking about the default messaging app on the home-screen? If so, then the step below should do the trick. If not, my apology.

Long press on the app and drag it off the screen.

Darkshneider

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site
If you are using Touchwiz, try this: hit the Apps button, hit menu and see if it says edit. Try and remove the one from the bar and adding the Handcent one, if not, then you can try another launcher but you will loose any Touchwiz widgets that you are using (if any).

treotraveler

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
Cannot drag and drop from the bottom line icons. Won't let you delete from app menu. Any other ideas anyone?

You can edit the TouchWiz dock bar in Froyo, not Eclair.

So, if you have Froyo installed, and using TouchWiz, open the app drawer, then tap the Menu button, then tap Edit. Locate the Handcent icon in your app drawer, then drag the Handcent icon down to where the default Messaging icon is. You will now have the Handcent icon in your dock bar.....

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Not using Touchwiz, my phone is not rooted.

Understand you are not rooted, but Touchwiz is the default interface on the Epic, so what ARE you using (because if you installed Launcher Pro to use instead of Touchwiz, IT is editable too)? You never said whether you are on Froyo or not. The primary icon bar is not editable in pre-Froyo (Android 2.1 Eclair, but IS in Android 2.2 Froyo). Confirm the above and we can walk you through the procedure if you are on Froyo.

Reactions: jabanas1

jabanas1

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
My mistake I looked in all apps and found TWLauncher. I am on Froyo 2.2. I did what treotraveler said and all is fine.

THANK YOU ALL. :-! :D

george1614

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
If you are using Touchwiz, try this: hit the Apps button, hit menu and see if it says edit. Try and remove the one from the bar and adding the Handcent one, if not, then you can try another launcher but you will loose any Touchwiz widgets that you are using (if any).
DANG!!!! I searched and searched and could not find a simple way to do this until now!! everyone suggested using other apps, yada yada, etc... you are the best!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy