Predictive text and Handcent

hal1963

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
I have installed Handcent as my messaging program. However, when I am typing a message, the only things that show up in the predictive text box are names, and only from my Contact list. Any idea what I am doing wrong? Thanks.

Keesag

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I have installed Handcent as my messaging program. However, when I am typing a message, the only things that show up in the predictive text box are names, and only from my Contact list. Any idea what I am doing wrong? Thanks.
a wild guess, but it sounds as if you are attempting to type the body of your text message inside the "To:" box. The lower box would be where the text body would be typed, and should accurately predict words. I have accidently started a text message this way before, not realizing i was in the "To:" field...

hal1963

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
a wild guess, but it sounds as if you are attempting to type the body of your text message inside the "To:" box. The lower box would be where the text body would be typed, and should accurately predict words. I have accidently started a text message this way before, not realizing i was in the "To:" field...

Thanks for your reply. While I am definitely guilty of what you mention at times, I have not seen the predictive word box work properly even when typing the message itself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49