My epic has now done this to me twice and I am confused. I know people with the same phone and no problems and I know I am not an *****. My epic is not rooted. I am using GO Launcher EX. (I do have a few others installed, but not really using them) Anyhow, all of the sudden all the apps I moved to the sd card disappeared. Please help!!! If there is anyway to get back without redoing my whole phone again that would be great. I had backed them up, but those apps are gone too. And it won't let me install anything new.
    04-20-2011 05:06 PM
    It sounds like something is wrong with your sd card. I would suggest copying everything you can off to a computer, then formatting the card. If it keeps happening after that, the card may be bad (or, far less likely, the phone may have a hardware problem).
    zklase likes this.
    04-21-2011 11:24 AM
    Thank you. Well after I posted that the apps came back mysteriously. The sd card is a brand new card that I got in march. The one that came with the phone went bad in february. Also I was still able to acess pictures and such on this sd card when the apps disappeared. Even though my problem seems to have fixed itself I would still like to know what happened. Does this additional information narrow it down? Again thank you.
    04-21-2011 03:04 PM
    I know that with the upgrade to Froyo we can move apps to the SD Card,.. Why aren't we able to move more apps or all apps to the card.. only a selected few can be moved... ??? Also who determines what apps can be moved or not???
    04-21-2011 03:21 PM
    I know that with the upgrade to Froyo we can move apps to the SD Card,.. Why aren't we able to move more apps or all apps to the card.. only a selected few can be moved... ??? Also who determines what apps can be moved or not???
    The developer who created the app makes that decision.

TapATalkin From My SuperClean Fascinate
    04-21-2011 03:24 PM
    I had the exact thing happen to me on the exact same day. I am wondering if you were also Updating your Market Apps. I haven't been so lucky to have my SD apps reappear.

I submitted a big post to Android Forums about this very same thing, in case you are interested:

Missing applications on SD card after reboot - Android Forums
    04-21-2011 03:37 PM
    Well i think i was updating apps as well. And i did some updating yesterday and it has happened yet again 3rd time now. I am getting very upset.
    04-23-2011 03:49 PM
    I have heard if you format the memory card using a PC that can lead to problems. Its recomended that you format the SDHC card using the phone.
    Copy all info to your computer.
    Then use the phone to format the SDHC card.
    Then copy all the info back to your phone.
    I have heard this helps solve the problem.
    Its that or your memory card is unmounting while your phone is on.
    I formatted my memory card using my phone and so far no problems.
    This was on the stock card and my 32GB card i now have.
    zklase likes this.
    04-25-2011 09:58 AM
    Sorry to bring this back up. I lost all my apps off my card about a week after switching to go launcher ex on my desire.
    Backing up and formatting my card via the phone doesn't work. I can still browse my card from the phone and open files other than apps.
    Anyone find the cause of this?
    10-21-2011 08:42 PM