What is the latest PRL for the Epic?

scoob

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Same here but I read on PPCgeeks that 60677 has been out since March 23rd.
I cannot seem to update my PRL but I'm also on a custom Rom.
How about you?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
How about you?

This has been a known problem on stock & custom ROMs going back since Eclair 2.1 (DI18) and still effecting people today even on EC05.

Some people have no trouble others do... So specific reason why...

[HOW TO] Update your PRL manually (EPIC 4G)
xda developers

Possum15

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
How about you?

As far as I know I'm stock. I did trade phones with a guy and said it was rooted but nothing else. How do I check?

tomy2001

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
As far as I know I'm stock. I did trade phones with a guy and said it was rooted but nothing else. How do I check?

You can go to menu/setting/application/manage applicaton. Try to find a application called super user. Also download from the market a free application wifi tethering for rooter users. Try to run it if it does run your phone is rooted.

Possum15

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
You can go to menu/setting/application/manage applicaton. Try to find a application called super user. Also download from the market a free application wifi tethering for rooter users. Try to run it if it does run your phone is rooted.

I got 'sorry but your kernal does not have all necessary features for running this application'

tomy2001

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I got 'sorry but your kernal does not have all necessary features for running this application'

It seems that your phone is not rooted. You can rooted. You can find all the information regarding rooting your phone in the Epic 4G rooting,Roms, and Hacks section. If you want more information try to contact either Paul or Rag. They will be very pleased to help you out. Good luck!!!

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I think 60678 came out this past week. I got an email from a friend asking about it.
I HTC and other devices seem to update ok but the EPIC doesnt. Seems like a conspiracy against the EPIC. LOL

adlebo

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
Did anyone have any success updating the prl manually? It sounds alittle complicating, but I'm thinking of either using it to revert to 60675 or go forward to 60677. Because 76 is working terribly for me.

PaulHansen

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Is there anything special you did? I'm also on Bonsai 4.1.1 and can't get a PRL update. All I get is the message "An Error Occured" and "Internal Error".

Well, no... But I did reinstall Bonsai because of battery issues. But I didn't do a factory reset or anything, just reflashed from sd, retaining al my apps and settings. The only thing different, I would assume, is the fact that I am currently not on the Sprint network. My phone has been roaming for three days now in middle of nowhere Mississippi. Perhaps this is the difference? Who knows... but I never seemed to be able to update when on a Sprint tower either. Never had an error message, but never updated.

bigtimeweb

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
60679 on SyndicateRom Frozen 1.2 and twilight 1.1.1 kernel - manually updated fine

swebb maybe you should try to reflash your bonsai rom?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908