Is Sprint losing its signal strength lately?

tomy2001

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I have a lot of problems with Sprint signal. I read a good article at Nexus S 4g about Sprint. Do you have any comments regarding this problem? I would like to hear from you your opinions.

jrz5024

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
It may be all in my head, but I feel like I've been having more problems than usual recently as well. I've never had great service on campus but I was usually able to get at least 1-2 bars on 3g. Now I feel like I'm being throttled to 1X more and more often, and in areas where I should have service (like outside).

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
My phones signal is ok but my data sucks 3g data is 200 kbs and 4g is 1 mbs.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ficjay

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Absolutely. I will go from 5 to 1 bar while sitting still in a place where I always kept a steady full signal before. It effects both phone and data for myself and if it's a low signal area already I've been dropping more. Actually I just bought Roam Control last week because of it.

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I've been having this issue too. It's been making me think there's something wrong with the radio in my phone. Maybe it has something to do with the radio firmware that came with the Froyo release.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
PRL updates don't do anything with reception issues. They're for when you're roaming.

I was going to say that but I get tired of repeating myself. PRL (preferred Roaming List) Just a list of towers belonging to other phone companies and codes so your phones can access them when it can't access sprint towers. Absolutely nothing to do with sprint towers or reception.

Reactions: Jaggrey

tomy2001

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Absolutely. I will go from 5 to 1 bar while sitting still in a place where I always kept a steady full signal before. It effects both phone and data for myself and if it's a low signal area already I've been dropping more. Actually I just bought Roam Control last week because of it.

I bought Roam Control app long time ago. I have kept my phone on Roam control app on all the time now. Because sprint sucks now.

Last edited:

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I bought Roam Control app long time ago. I have kept my phone on Roam control app on all the time now. Because sprint sucks now.

If you continue to roam, you can lose your sprint service. Sprint pays for your roaming. If they decide you are roaming more than you should they will cancel your contract.

Then again that may be a way out for you as well.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
More users, more smart phones and more data is taking its toll on the system.
I live near down town Dallas, TX and at night when i get home my data speeds are slow, but in the same spot at 6am my speeds double.
Thats just my two cents. LOL

bipoler#AC

Banned
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
More users, more smart phones and more data is taking its toll on the system.
I live near down town Dallas, TX and at night when i get home my data speeds are slow, but in the same spot at 6am my speeds double.
Thats just my two cents. LOL

I m just bothered..why not be smarter than the tech your selling.......shouldn't be no such thing of data congestion!

Sent from my SGH-T839 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12