Samsung Epic Froyo Wifi Toggle Error

keepinthefaith

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I know that this has been an issue addressed in the past, but has anyone found a solution for the Wifi toggle error that has appeared when using the Samsung Epic stock froyo OS EB05. When I try to turn on my Wifi, about 75% of the time it will stall for a few minutes and say "turning on" until it says "error". Then if I go into the main Froyo settings, I can turn on my Wifi successfully about 50% of the time the 2nd time around. Very frustrating....

This happens with the dropdown menu, widget and main android settings. Any solutions out there?

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Was happening to me offten, now I just don't turn wifi off and most of the time it reconnects fine. I also use elixer and have the wifi toggle, when I get a wifi error I can usually hit the switch a couple times and it will switch on.

vansmack

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I have had mixed success with toggling airplane mode, but for the most part, no, only a reboot fixes the wifi "error" message.

jrz5024

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I've found it can be fixed temporarily by going into wireless settings themselves and enabling wi-fi that way.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I get that sometimes on ACS Frozen 1.1.0 I was thinking it was an error with the custom ROM. In a way I am glad to see its on stock ROMS as well.

Toyman317

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
My wifi toggle doesn't work half the time either and it doesn't help to go into wifi settings. I usually have to end up rebooting. Between that and the severe lag when extending the keyboard, I am about to do a hard reset. Both very annoying.

werkx

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
i'm running stock 2.2.1 EC05 and have the same problem, with pull down toggle or through stock settings. it's a pain as i'm never confident that it will always work, then having to wait for the "error" message (it hangs for a few minutes) before retrying wifi connection again.

adelmundo

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I remember I killed a samsung service use taskkiller to get it to reconnect to WiFi after getting the error when trying to turn it on. It was something like com.sec.something.... Don't know if it was a fluke or not. I need to do further testing on it. Otherwise, I just reboot. Using the Quick Boot app form the market makes the reboot time a lot quicker, but it annoying to do that. That is really my only gripe on this phone. I had had this problem ever since the EB13. Also tried reflashing the modem as well. Hopefully this gets fixed in GB.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I also suffer from this malady. How detrimental would it be to my battery life to leave my wifi on all the time?

Leaving it on all the time should not be too bad on the battery. I know for fact that when its connected it actually saves battery life. Especially if your in an area with weak 3G signal.

At my office my battery can loose 40% in about 4-5 hours just on stand by in low signal area. But with WiFi i only loose 10-15%.

Wysiwyg1977

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I only experience this issue when I'm on a WiFi network and leave the area w/o turning WiFi off first. Most often the case when I leave my house. If I remember to turn it off before leaving the signal area the error never occurs. This has only been an issue since the Froyo update.

I've only found rebooting to work, switching to airplane mode hasn't (for me at least). To prevent the issue I've been meaning to set up an action via Tasker but I've just been too lazy to do it :p

Running stock froyo.

dragonol2

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I experience it about 75% of the time when switching WiFi on... it's really annoying and the only solution I've discovered is just to wait it out, go to WiFi in Settings, and switch it on that way after seeing the "Error" status...

I hope someone figures this out... switching to WiFi and getting an error is a bug I'd rather not have to deal with so often...

werkx

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
just read an XDA thread about latest GB 2.3.3 and looks like this will be resolved, among other things.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34