I've got a new (7 days in service) Samsung Epic 4G. Yesterday I was editing my contacts on my desktop web browser using www.google.com/contacts (deleting and merging a lot of contacts).

The next time I tried to open Contacts on my phone, and ever since, it crashes ("Sorry! The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.").

I have tried disabling auto-sync, and manually resyncing my Google and Facebook contacts. I have tried a reboot (battery out for 3 minutes). I talked to Sprint tech support, and they of course want to do what's easiest for them (factory reset). They tried a "refresh" (don't know what that is), followed by reboot, but that didn't help.

Any ideas short of factory reset? I switched from iOS because I thought it was too buggy...

Thanks,
    David

EDIT: I doubt this is specific to the Samsung Epic 4G. Is there a forum for general android bugs? I couldn't find one.
    05-27-2011 10:37 AM
    This happened to me when I first got my Epic in January - every time I used my contacts, I got that error. I searched all over the place, and nothing would help. I did a factory reset (I know that's not what you wanted to hear) and I haven't had the problem since.
    05-27-2011 10:47 AM
    Nope, not what I wanted to hear, but it would be a bigger disaster if I'd had the thing for more than a week. Only 24 apps to re-install and re-configure. Groan.

If anyone has ideas, I'd love to hear them!!!
    05-27-2011 10:54 AM
    You could always try going into Settings>Applications>Manage Applications and find Contacts and clear cache/data. Seeing how you contacts are stored on Google you won't lose them even if clearing cache/data wipes them out.
    05-27-2011 01:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD