The camera on my Epic has become unusable recently. Every time I launch it, the screen cycles on and off, and eventually crashes and closes. This seems to have started since I installed Widgetlocker, but I'm not sure there's a cause-and-effect there. I'm always installing new apps and updates, so the potential culprits are widespread. I also installed the TeslaLED flashlight, so I'm wondering if there's a connection with that too.

Anybody have any clues?
    05-27-2011 10:38 PM
    The camera on my Epic has become unusable recently. Every time I launch it, the screen cycles on and off, and eventually crashes and closes. This seems to have started since I installed Widgetlocker, but I'm not sure there's a cause-and-effect there. I'm always installing new apps and updates, so the potential culprits are widespread. I also installed the TeslaLED flashlight, so I'm wondering if there's a connection with that too.

Anybody have any clues?
    Its possible, would maybe consider wiping the data for the camera and see if that helps.
    Settings--applications--manage applications--all--camera-- wipe data.
    05-27-2011 11:03 PM
    Its possible, would maybe consider wiping the data for the camera and see if that helps.
    Settings--applications--manage applications--all--camera-- wipe data.
    Yeah, tried that. No love.
    05-28-2011 12:14 AM
    Yeah, tried that. No love.
    Are you running stock or custom ROM? Might want to try to fix permissions in recovery/ROM Manager if you are running a custom ROM.
    05-28-2011 01:08 AM
    Are you running stock or custom ROM?
    Nope. Stock ROM.
    05-28-2011 08:25 AM
    Maybe need to swing that by a store, maybe a new camera is needed.
    05-31-2011 09:43 AM
    I would try a factory reset (I know I know) before exchanging it. When I've had problems with mine (phone not sleeping, overwriting some needed file, etc), I start over. That usually fixes it. Most problems seem to come from miscellanous apps that kind of go haywire or cause some kind of conflict with other apps you have. The only way to trouble shoot is to either uninstall suspect apps one by one and check ops in between before installing another or just do the reset and see if everything works after cleaning. Then add apps one by one until you find the problem child. Either way it can be a slow process.
    06-01-2011 07:14 AM