Video/Audio Playback Skipping

Coronas308

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I've been watching video files on my phone (that are stored on my SD card) and it was fine for a couple weeks. Suddenly this week, the default video player will randomly stop (screen turns black) and play but rewind 1-2 seconds so that the last phrase of the video file will repeat. I thought it would be the file, but I've tried playing 15 different files and it happens to all of them. :'(

I'm running the ACE Rom 2.0, if that makes a difference? :-\

Any ideas on what to use? Different player? Delete and re-xfer the files?

Thanks in advanced! :D

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I've been watching video files on my phone (that are stored on my SD card) and it was fine for a couple weeks. Suddenly this week, the default video player will randomly stop (screen turns black) and play but rewind 1-2 seconds so that the last phrase of the video file will repeat. I thought it would be the file, but I've tried playing 15 different files and it happens to all of them. :'(

I'm running the ACE Rom 2.0, if that makes a difference? :-\

Any ideas on what to use? Different player? Delete and re-xfer the files?

Thanks in advanced! :D
You could go into Settings>Apps>Manage Apps>ALL>Video Player and clear data/cache and see if its just the player that needed a flush.

If that doesn't resolve it then you could try reflashing ACE and see if that does anything.

Little process of elimination, step by step...

Only thing I can think of if that doesn't work is possible that you have a corrupt sd card, maybe an error or something on it messing with those video files. Might need to backup your sdcard to computer, format and replace the files... Wouldn't be the first time I've heard of a sd card with errors causing conflicts.

Coronas308

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Paul627g! :D You're always so helpful.

I tried flushing the app, no difference. I'm currently backing up my sd card to reformat and see if that does anything. I'll reflash ACE as my last option. :)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams