Epic Wifi connectivity issue

leez

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi all-

I'm new here--coming from sister site precentral (got my Epic about a month ago) and I seem to have developed an interesting issue.

Over the last day or so, apps on my phone have stopped accessing the internet when connected to WiFi. Previously, this has worked just fine! I've searched quite a bit, and haven't been able to find any useful answers, and the closest I came mentioned a potentially corrupt WiFi config file--fixed only by factory reset or rooting. Below are some facts in hopes that you might be able to help!

-My phone is stock 2.2.1
-Apps work fine over 3G
-When connected to my work/home wifi (they're the same--I work at and live proximate to a college campus) apps such as twitter, facebook, foursquare, etc cease working (no connection).
-When connected to said wifi, browser DOES work. Oddly enough, the Speedtest.net app works, and also confirms my wifi connection.

I've tried resetting, turning wifi on/off, forgetting and rejoining the networks. Any other solutions?

Thanks!

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Mine did that for a little while. drove me nuts. than I remembered that I let my friend use it at work, and he setup the work proxy settings, which of course don't work at home...

leez

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Mine did that for a little while. drove me nuts. than I remembered that I let my friend use it at work, and he setup the work proxy settings, which of course don't work at home...

Yea...my work/home wifi are the same, and do-not use a proxy or special settings. It is, however, driving me up the wall! :)

leez

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Hard Reset

Hey, thanks for the helpful post! :confused:

Anyway, that didn't help--got there already. Seems to be some sort of newly-developed distaste for the wireless network I'm on, which is odd because it worked before, but internet traffic is limited to the browser only.

Oh well, moving soon anyway, so hopefully won't encounter this in the future.