When do YOU think the Nexus Prime will release on Sprint?

When will it be here?

• Total voters

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Can't wait to see some spec's or leaked in info on the upcoming Nexus-Three, or Nexus-S II or whatever it will be named.

I will pass on a Droid phone, not a fan of Verizon bloatware and Bing. Droid-Prime the next Nexus ? Maybe, maybe not :)

Last edited:

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I was just wondering because I really want to get the E4GT but some people have been saying that the NP might release around Christmas or early 2012 (as in January-February). I've been somewhat doubting that but at the same time, I can't help but wonder if it will actually be released around that time on Sprint.

Rominucka

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
See, you guys and the other two have an interesting situation on your hands.
You just got a massive Samsung banger on your hands, the GSII...so I would have to put the release of the next Nexus off until late LATE this year at the very earliest, late spring/early summer next year at the latest and somewhere end of winter/beginning of spring next year as the "most likely".

You guys are lucky though to have the GSII, of all phones, to tide you over.
It's like getting a tender Ribeye as an appetizer while waiting for your Filet Mignon.

TexasEpic4G

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I was just wondering because I really want to get the E4GT but some people have been saying that the NP might release around Christmas or early 2012 (as in January-February). I've been somewhat doubting that but at the same time, I can't help but wonder if it will actually be released around that time on Sprint.
They might want to release it in October / November to take some air outta the iPhone5 hype and in time for the Holidays :cool:

lennyj17

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Well the Nexus S is pretty much in the Bargin Bin now with the ability to get it on 2yr for 50$ or less at various outlets. So I can't imagine it being much longer...

LMAO at the people who think Sprint wont get the Nexus.....Sprint is the only carrier that provides full integration of Google Services (GV, Google Wallet, etc) ...Sprint will probably be the launch carrier of the official "Nexus".

Bearly

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Keep in mind the Nexus phones have traditionally been used to showcase the next Android version, so if Nexus Prime is supposed to launch on Verizon first, its launch basically is the debut of ICS. Therefore, stating it won't launch until next year means we won't see ICS until then--probably not a delay that Google wants.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Jdm4292

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Who cares about sprint? You lucky ducks just got the only good phone coming to Verizon in 2011 except maybe the bionic. And now the GS2 isn't even coming to Verizon....

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I am hoping for it this year but i think it won't hit Sprint till ealry next year. They have so much going on late in the year that it will be hard to dedicate the cash and time to it. If they weren't getting the Ifone then they would have got this year ....

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Didn't Andy Rubin make a comment at the Google IO event in May, that this Fall all four U.S. carriers would see their own release of Android 4.0 "Ice Cream" phones ? We do know that Verizon is getting the "Prime" and will be first out the gate with "Ice Cream".

I would bet that Sprint, ATT, and T-Mobile will also be getting some type of Ice Cream phone this Nov/Dec but it might not be the Prime, could be a Motorola or HTC device ?

Watcher07

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Didn't Andy Rubin make a comment at the Google IO event in May, that this Fall all four U.S. carriers would see their own release of Android 4.0 "Ice Cream" phones ? We do know that Verizon is getting the "Prime" and will be first out the gate with "Ice Cream".

I would bet that Sprint, ATT, and T-Mobile will also be getting some type of Ice Cream phone this Nov/Dec but it might not be the Prime, could be a Motorola or HTC device ?

Big Red is supposedly getting the Droid Prime, the Nexus Prime will (theoretically) be coming to the other 3 carriers.

Its all still unclear as samsung is supposedly making both the Droid Prime AND the Nexus Prime (why would they make two models like that?) but it wouldn't be the first time a model was "renamed" to suit a purpose (Epic 4G Touch). The Droid Prime just got its cert for its WiFi and the Nexus Prime just got its Bluetooth Cert. Its also possible the Droid Prime is just a souped up Galaxy SII for Big Red as opposed to a renamed Nexus Prime. Simply put, there's just not enough data to know for sure yet.

That said, with what the rumormill is holding onto for specs on the Nexus Prime, it sounds like a hands down badass phone that I'm guessing (guessing) would be released a little before the holidays to curb the iPhone5 launch time. The certs are coming in and it hasn't hit FCC approval yet, but phones have been released VERY shortly after FCC approval, so who knows really.

Most of what I got came from gottabemobile.com from an independent technology blogger, but I did enough google-fu to find everything that led him to the conclusion and I would generally agree with his article.

IMokwithAT

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
If the Prime will be the next Nexus of Nexuses, probably when/if Sprint announces their LTE upgrade is when they'll announce something of the sort. There's no doubt going to be a "flagship" LTE device to start them off.

ejaymd11

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Well the Nexus S is pretty much in the Bargin Bin now with the ability to get it on 2yr for 50$ or less at various outlets. So I can't imagine it being much longer...

LMAO at the people who think Sprint wont get the Nexus.....Sprint is the only carrier that provides full integration of Google Services (GV, Google Wallet, etc) ...Sprint will probably be the launch carrier of the official "Nexus".

Everyone talks about how much Spring loves Google. If that's the case why are they willing blow Apple to get the Iphone?

ejaymd11

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Can't wait to see some spec's or leaked in info on the upcoming Nexus-Three, or Nexus-S II or whatever it will be named.

I will pass on a Droid phone, not a fan of Verizon bloatware and Bing. Droid-Prime the next Nexus ? Maybe, maybe not :)

Their are no droid phones with bing. I agree with the bloatware though.

Watcher07

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Everyone talks about how much Spring loves Google. If that's the case why are they willing blow Apple to get the Iphone?

Cause Apple has a major marketshare of Smartphone users and Sprint wants a piece of that pie. Sprint is the third largest cell phone carrier and the the only one of the three not carrying the iPhone. I'm a major Android supporter, but there's no denying that Apple has a beast of a marketing department that brings in massive numbers of people. Lots of people left Big Red and Sprint for AT&T for the iPhone just cause of the hardware. Lots of AT&T users left to go to Big Red when they got the iPhone. Sprint is behind the game and can't afford to NOT get the iPhone if they want to remain a major player. Also, there's nothing wrong with competition, it drives the market, thus the issue with the AT&T - TMobile merger, but thats pretty off-topic.

Anyway, the Nexus Prime will trump the iPhone 5, seems like every iPhone (imho) is sporting yesterdays technology but with a shinier interface, a badass screen (they really nailed the screen, they are fantastic), and amazing marketing to push it. The Nexus phone will be buttonless, a powerhouse, and be continuing the path towards unifying android across the board, which android needs.

Reactions: YvesStLawrence

Go Android!

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I don't see why Sprint wouldn't be getting the Nexus Prime. Sprint did a ton of marketing for the Nexus S 4G and probably got more sales than the T-Mobiile version.

And I think the Nexus Prime would come out either 3 weeks before the Iphone 5 or at least a month after. I love Android, but if the Nexus Prime came out too close to the Iphone 5, then the Iphone would take away all sales from the Prime.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis