View Poll Results: What types of Radios?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • CDMA and Wimax

17 17.17%
  • CDMA and LTE

44 44.44%
  • CDMA and GSM (world phone)

2 2.02%
  • CDMA, GSM, Wimax, and LTE :P (put this in just for fun)

4 4.04%
  • CDMA, Wimax, and LTE (???)

12 12.12%
  • CDMA, GSM, and Wimax

1 1.01%
  • CDMA, GSM, and LTE

14 14.14%
  • CDMA only

5 5.05%
    What kind of radios are going to be in our Galaxy Nexus iff we get it?
    Can you imagine if this phone had CDMA, GSM, Wimax, and LTE?
    10-20-2011 03:16 AM
    I just want it to have LTE that we can use once it is launched by Sprint mid next year. Just give us the phone now >_<!
    10-20-2011 03:19 AM
    Exactly, they don't need to worry about having it at the moment. They could place an LTE chip inside the phone and just deactivate it. And then once they get the actual LTE network, they can push out an update to activate the LTE chip.
    Lucki likes this.
    10-20-2011 03:21 AM
    Going with all versions!
    10-20-2011 07:02 AM
    I voted for LTE WIMAX and CMDA. Beacuse as of right now LTE is still 6-8 months or so away. so they will want to be able to use the 4g as a marketing ploy, but will hopefully keep the future in mind and included the LTE as it appears the Verizon one is lte. fingers crossed. and Hopefully befrore the end of the year when we lose our current upgrade plan.
    Lucki likes this.
    10-20-2011 11:23 AM
    Probably CDMA and WiMax but I dont care as I really have no need for any kind of 4G. I wish they would make it optional.
    10-20-2011 02:57 PM
    LTE will be here sooner than most think. Remember, they stated that there would be LTE launches this year.
    10-20-2011 06:26 PM
    Or could they possibly make 2 phones, one with 3G only (maybe Wimax for what that's worth) now/soon and one with 4G later? Then again, I don't think Google would make 2 variants of the phone for just 1 carrier unless Google does love Sprint that much haha.
    10-20-2011 07:32 PM
    cdma, gsm, LTE make it complete as WIMAX is dead...
    10-20-2011 09:52 PM
    I would hope Sprint just holds off until LTE is ready then let it lose as a flagship device for LTE. I'm sure this isn't as popular request but I think from a marketing standpoint its a good idea. Why waste resources and funds with a Wimax version to only have it non functional from the Wimax end if t.hings a year from now.

I would be willing to rock the NS4G until then
    10-20-2011 10:08 PM
    I would hope Sprint just holds off until LTE is ready then let it lose as a flagship device for LTE. I'm sure this isn't as popular request but I think from a marketing standpoint its a good idea. Why waste resources and funds with a Wimax version to only have it non functional from the Wimax end if t.hings a year from now.

I just want this phone to come out in a timely fashion. If it doesn't come to Sprint by February, I'm gonna go with the E4GT but I would rather much prefer having the Galaxy Nexus.
    Uncle Louie likes this.
    10-21-2011 12:19 AM

Also, do you think it may be possible that Sprint can release it soon (like in the winter) and just put an LTE chip inside and just deactivate it? And then when they got the network up, they can reactivate the chip by putting an update out? Is that even possible to do through an update?

Edit: the only flaw I see with this plan is whether or not if Sprint will advertise it as 4G or not
    10-21-2011 12:21 AM
    Also, do you think it may be possible that Sprint can release it soon (like in the winter) and just put an LTE chip inside and just deactivate it? And then when they got the network up, they can reactivate the chip by putting an update out? Is that even possible to do through an update?

Edit: the only flaw I see with this plan is whether or not if Sprint will advertise it as 4G or not
    It's definitely possible, but I don't think its needed. They just need to set the default state to CDMA only or have an on/off switch like Wimax currently has and default it off.

They were selling Wimax phones even when they only had a few cities with the service. 90% of their users probably just left Wimax off all the time.
    Officerpolabear likes this.
    10-21-2011 08:10 PM
    It's definitely possible, but I don't think its needed. They just need to set the default state to CDMA only or have an on/off switch like Wimax currently has and default it off.

They were selling Wimax phones even when they only had a few cities with the service. 90% of their users probably just left Wimax off all the time.
    Doh! I feel stupid now . Lol
    10-21-2011 11:12 PM
    I was at a Sprint Service Store the other day to have my phone fixed and the tech there told me that a Wimax radio can be converted to LTE with only a software update. If that's the case, then my Samsung
    Epic is an LTE phone. Make sense?
    10-25-2011 08:11 PM
    I was at a Sprint Service Store the other day to have my phone fixed and the tech there told me that a Wimax radio can be converted to LTE with only a software update. If that's the case, then my Samsung
    Epic is an LTE phone. Make sense?
    I think that's impossible. What you may have heard is that Sprint is going to covert to LTE for their future 4G plans instead of Wimax, otherwise, they must have some serious dark magic going on at Sprint HQ
    10-25-2011 08:53 PM
    the tech there told me that a Wimax radio can be converted to LTE with only a software update.

you may want to have the work they did ...double checked...jk...

tho, they are confused. Its not possible to change a phones WiMax radio Hardware with a Software update.

It is, however, possible to convert Sprints 4g WiMax Towers to LTE with a new baseband card and a software patch.

Source?;
    Sprint evaluating switch to LTE over the next four to six months -- Engadget
    10-25-2011 09:56 PM
    Be real, it's not going to be LTE. You guys don't even have anything close that resembles an LTE network at the moment. I know I know 2012-2013 but you're still far away from that......... This phone will NOT be LTE if you get it. I don't ever remember seeing a WiMax version either though? I know there have been posters ordered by Sprint but that really does not mean anything at all to be honest.
    10-26-2011 10:45 PM
    Be real, it's not going to be LTE. You guys don't even have anything close that resembles an LTE network at the moment. I know I know 2012-2013 but you're still far away from that......... This phone will NOT be LTE if you get it. I don't ever remember seeing a WiMax version either though? I know there have been posters ordered by Sprint but that really does not mean anything at all to be honest.
    Maybe it's just me, but you sound very smug with your "You guys" attitude. You're obviously not a sprint customer so why bother posting if you're gonna be negative, unless you're trying to be negative on purpose and stir something up.
    Lucki and Go Android! like this.
    10-27-2011 01:23 AM
    Well, it seems like a lot of people think it's going to be a CDMA and LTE device!
    Uncle Louie likes this.
    10-30-2011 06:29 PM
    There's no way that it'll be a LTE device. They'd need to field test it or something which I don't think they can properly do right now. They wouldn't want a future defect disaster so scratch that off. WiMax for sure if it's coming.
    11-04-2011 10:59 PM
    Things that make you go hmmm.
    11-22-2011 11:42 PM
    i think it will be just a CDMA with a chance of WIMAX, if sprint is switching to LTE around June i think they would partner with Google on the next nexus model for a LTE model as the new flagship for the change. "at least that's what Im hoping on since my contract doesnt end until around that time frame, i don't plan on renewing the contract until they start producing LTE phones"
    11-28-2011 10:10 PM