Galaxy Nexus to Sprint?

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site

George West

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
This is great to hear :D but the LTE network is not to be completed till 2013 (so I was informed from Sprint) but in the St. Louis Metro-East (IL) it has not been updated to the 4G unless you live in a mile of the Mississippi River. :-\ So the question you have to ask is do you feel lucky?

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
also Google needs Sprint to get the G-Nex because Sprint is a lone supporter of Google Wallet (as opposed to ISIS). Sprint supports Google Wallet whereas the other carriers do not. Sprint can help Google make Google Wallet the de facto mobile standard for mobile commerce.

zeigan

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like I'm on track to getting this come upgrade time from my NS4G. I understand LTE won't be available to certain markets for some time, but if previous reports hold true, I'll be basking in LTE+GN goodness come summer time (I live in Dallas, one of the early LTE markets). With a spec bump in speed is hopes a bump in camera as well, though that is not a deal breaker for me. I might even get it if it comes out before LTE is ready!

cjones

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
I thought after I got GS2 for Christmas I would be upset if the GNex came out a few months later, but I LOVE my GS2 so much I'm ok with it. The GS2 is fast, light, and has a great camera. I thought I would hate the Touch Wiz but with the GoLauncher I can live with it until the GS2 gets some CM Love. I also just love the way it feels in my hand.

If I change my mind down the road I might have to steal my wife's upgrade. LOL

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
now the only question is WHEN Sprint will release the G-Nex. i personally think that it is coming soon. why? because the leak was a real actual paid for LIVE AD. if you have an AD that is complete and actually LIVE and PAID FOR that has already hit sites albeit a little prematurely - that means this puppy must be almost ready to go. the LIVE AD stage is pretty late in the process IMO.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
I thought after I got GS2 for Christmas I would be upset if the GNex came out a few months later, but I LOVE my GS2 so much I'm ok with it. The GS2 is fast, light, and has a great camera. I thought I would hate the Touch Wiz but with the GoLauncher I can live with it until the GS2 gets some CM Love. I also just love the way it feels in my hand.

If I change my mind down the road I might have to steal my wife's upgrade. LOL

what do you think of the GS2 resolution? i was very disappointed when i compared it to my OG EVO. compare the same icons or same web pages - icons are smaller and tighter on EVO and you can fit more web pages on the EVO - despite the fact that the EVO has a smaller 4.3" display.

cjones

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
what do you think of the GS2 resolution? i was very disappointed when i compared it to my OG EVO. compare the same icons or same web pages - icons are smaller and tighter on EVO and you can fit more web pages on the EVO - despite the fact that the EVO has a smaller 4.3" display.

I will be honest. There is little I dislike over the Evo 4G. I hate to be a GS2 fanboy but the screen is awesome and the phone is blazing fast compared to the Evo. I guess I am not a big enough tech geek to notice that the Evo has better resolution. The GS2 is just SO GOOD I can't find faults with it yet except that wireless tethering doesn't work yet on my rooted GS2 and I have no CM love yet. Hope that is coming soon.

giograves

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
The sprint version better have "with google" on the back. LOL

Another thought, after holding a co-workers VZ GN, I was pretty bummed about the build "quality" vs the nearly 2 y/o EVO. smh

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
I will be honest. There is little I dislike over the Evo 4G. I hate to be a GS2 fanboy but the screen is awesome and the phone is blazing fast compared to the Evo. I guess I am not a big enough tech geek to notice that the Evo has better resolution. The GS2 is just SO GOOD I can't find faults with it yet except that wireless tethering doesn't work yet on my rooted GS2 and I have no CM love yet. Hope that is coming soon.

i'm no tech geek either but you don't have to be one to easily notice the poor resolution. in fact the display should be one of the first things you notice on a phone since it is your main interface with the phone. i always do a side by side comparison of displays when i compare phones. i wanted to like the SG2 but IMO the display was a downgrade from my EVO. the SG2 is still a great phone but i want an upgraded display - not a sideways or downgrade move from a 1.5 year old phone like my EVO.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
i played with the VZW G-Nex again today. it's very very nice but it's not really blowing me away anymore. i think i need the G-Note with that huge 5.3" display to feel like i'm making a quantum leap. it will be a tough choice.

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
i played with the VZW G-Nex again today. it's very very nice but it's not really blowing me away anymore. i think i need the G-Note with that huge 5.3" display to feel like i'm making a quantum leap. it will be a tough choice.

The Galaxy Nexus' focus is more on software than hardware. If you're going to root your phone, you will definitely want this phone because of the huge support from our developers. Otherwise, the Note is good choice as well.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
The Galaxy Nexus' focus is more on software than hardware. If you're going to root your phone, you will definitely want this phone because of the huge support from our developers. Otherwise, the Note is good choice as well.

i thought the G-Nex display was sharp, bright, crisp, and vivid. however - compared to my OG EVO - i'm not as blown away as i would like to be - mostly because they are almost the same display size. i think the G-Note would be a quantum leap up. however - i prefer pure Android due to lack of skin, bloat, and fast updates. i'm not a "Rooter". no interest in tinkering like that. it will be a tough choice for me if the G-Nex and the G-Note are available from Sprint at the same time. assuming that the G-Note is easily pocketable - i am now leaning toward the G-Note. but i have to hold one and do some pocket tests first. and i have to really think about choosing pure Android Nexus over that beautiful 5.3" display.

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
i thought the G-Nex display was sharp, bright, crisp, and vivid. however - compared to my OG EVO - i'm not as blown away as i would like to be - mostly because they are almost the same display size. i think the G-Note would be a quantum leap up. however - i prefer pure Android due to lack of skin, bloat, and fast updates. i'm not a "Rooter". no interest in tinkering like that. it will be a tough choice for me if the G-Nex and the G-Note are available from Sprint at the same time. assuming that the G-Note is easily pocketable - i am now leaning toward the G-Note. but i have to hold one and do some pocket tests first. and i have to really think about choosing pure Android Nexus over that beautiful 5.3" display.

Well, whichever phone you end up with, both of them will be good choices :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power