Sprint will get the Galaxy Nexus in Dec.

infamous702

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
of course sprint will get the G-Nex...google cant have their flagship device in the U.S. without google wallet...a sprint exclusive...all of you who want to leave sprint for verizon...that 2GB data cap will make you come back...what is the point of a 4G LTE device when you only have 2GB of data to work with? :confused:

Reactions: crzycrkr

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
of course sprint will get the G-Nex...google cant have their flagship device in the U.S. without google wallet...a sprint exclusive...all of you who want to leave sprint for verizon...that 2GB data cap will make you come back...what is the point of a 4G LTE device when you only have 2GB of data to work with? :confused:

Because journalists tell them that 2GB is more than enough and people listen.

sojourner1111

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
last year I switched from sprint to t-mobile to try out a gsm nexus s and a different network.

I only went abroad and switched SIM cards once, and I kept getting throttled on the 5GB data limit (tethering and streaming) here.

I plan on running back to sprint when the g-nex comes out for it and hoping they don't change their unlimited data model. I have heard rumors they wanted to switch to a data cap, but it would be slightly embarassing for Sprint to change their unlimited data offering considering all their commercials still go on about it and why it's one of the primary reasons to choose them over the other carriers.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
last year I switched from sprint to t-mobile to try out a gsm nexus s and a different network.

I only went abroad and switched SIM cards once, and I kept getting throttled on the 5GB data limit (tethering and streaming) here.

I plan on running back to sprint when the g-nex comes out for it and hoping they don't change their unlimited data model. I have heard rumors they wanted to switch to a data cap, but it would be slightly embarassing for Sprint to change their unlimited data offering considering all their commercials still go on about it and why it's one of the primary reasons to choose them over the other carriers.

Hesse has just recently confirmed unlimited data is staying for the foreseeable future, again. That's not changing anytime soon. Ignore all the people trying to stir the pot with that.

blacksapphire08

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Because journalists tell them that 2GB is more than enough and people listen.

It is for some people if you're just doing some quick browsing. If you like to stream videos and stuff then no, you'll hit that cap fairly quick.

I average about 300Mb of data usage a month with my HTC Hero but then again it sucks at streaming video so I dont bother.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
ok now that the G-Nex is finally out on Verizon let the countdown begin for the Sprint G-Nex. Google needs Sprint to partner with on Google Wallet to make it the de facto standard for mobile commerce. i'll take a Sprint G-Nex with 3G for now - turn the LTE chip off. and turn it on when Sprint's LTE lights up. this is the perfect way to make the transition! come on Hesse!!!!!!!! make it happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Lucki and crzycrkr

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
ok now that the G-Nex is finally out on Verizon let the countdown begin for the Sprint G-Nex. Google needs Sprint to partner with on Google Wallet to make it the de facto standard for mobile commerce. i'll take a Sprint G-Nex with 3G for now - turn the LTE chip off. and turn it on when Sprint's LTE lights up. this is the perfect way to make the transition! come on Hesse!!!!!!!! make it happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That would be so perfect. If there's no LTE, I'm gonna have to hold onto my NS until the next Nexus

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
OR perhaps HTC and Sprint have something up their sleeve for Q1 2012??? perhaps a true successor to the EVO 4G? perhaps a 4.5-5.0" EVO HD with ice cream sammmmmmmmmmich and Sense 4.0?????

HTC better have something good coming or they will lose a lot of customers.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
OR perhaps HTC and Sprint have something up their sleeve for Q1 2012??? perhaps a true successor to the EVO 4G? perhaps a 4.5-5.0" EVO HD with ice cream sammmmmmmmmmich and Sense 4.0?????

HTC better have something good coming or they will lose a lot of customers.

It would have to be something really big for me to consider it. Unibody with vanilla Android. After my EVO 4G I won't buy another HTC on Sprint. Build quality problems and brick like body don't do it for me. I like the sleekness of the Nexus and greatly prefer Samsung build quality. And after my Nexus S, I don't want anything skinned whether I can put CM on it or not. CM still has issues that stock rooted does not

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
i checked out the G-Nex this morning. very thin, very nice build quality, very nice display. i think i will get it when/if it comes to Sprint.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
My big problem is I should be in the first wave of LTE. Buying a non LTE phone at this point would not be smart for me

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
My big problem is I should be in the first wave of LTE. Buying a non LTE phone at this point would not be smart for me

the CDMA LTE G-Gnex has already been created. not really an extra work for Samsung. the R&D and hard work has already been done. Sprint should snap them up at a relative bargain and everyone gets some economies of scale and everyone is happy including customers. let this be the transition device for Sprint to LTE.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
the CDMA LTE G-Gnex has already been created. not really an extra work for Samsung. the R&D and hard work has already been done. Sprint should snap them up at a relative bargain and everyone gets some economies of scale and everyone is happy including customers. let this be the transition device for Sprint to LTE.

I wholeheartedly agree. Just saying if the Sprint version doesn't have an LTR radio I'll have to pass

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
I wholeheartedly agree. Just saying if the Sprint version doesn't have an LTR radio I'll have to pass

yeah they can keep it the same as the Verizon version. just temporarily disable the LTE chip. then when Sprint is ready - activate the chip via software. done. they can even market it as "Sprint's first LTE phone!" and start the LTE deployment in the top 5-10 major market cities and go from there.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
yeah they can keep it the same as the Verizon version. just temporarily disable the LTE chip. then when Sprint is ready - activate the chip via software. done. they can even market it as "Sprint's first LTE phone!" and start the LTE deployment in the top 5-10 major market cities and go from there.

They can, but will they?

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I would never own a 3G only device again and since support for wimax is ending in 2015, that rules out a wimax device also. Looks like i'm holding out for the late 2012 Sprint Nexus

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
I would never own a 3G only device again and since support for wimax is ending in 2015, that rules out a wimax device also. Looks like i'm holding out for the late 2012 Sprint Nexus

i don't think you'll have to wait that long. IMO you could see a Sprint G-Nex with LTE as early as Q1 2012. LTE might not be available - or maybe in just a few major markets - but IMO this is the perfect way to transition. this "generic" CDMA/LTE device has already been created - so IMO Sprint should use it as a pivot/transition device to LTE. this way Sprint doesn't have to waste money/time/resources on anymore antiquated WiMax devices that aren't already in the pipeline. the G-Nex is already here. and perhaps Sprint can get a good price on the deal given the fact that they are not first in line or exclusive and time has passed since introduction. yet they can have claim to the Google "flagship" device. perhaps this is all wishful thinking for me - but it all seems to make sense to me. Hesse - are you listening?