Predictions: When will the Sprint GNex be released?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
... June 1? That is not encouraging at all. At this point I might as well buy an EVO or something. Well, Galaxy 2.

Honestly, the best option is to get a GS2 now, enjoy it as a very good phone for a year, then LTE might have some legs to it. Sell the GS2 on eBay and get whatever is best a year from now. Waiting on Sprint is futile.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, the best option is to get a GS2 now, enjoy it as a very good phone for a year, then LTE might have some legs to it. Sell the GS2 on eBay and get whatever is best a year from now. Waiting on Sprint is futile.

disagree. IMO if you must get a phone get a used OG EVO from craigslist or ebay no-contract ~$100 to tide you over until the G-Nex arrives.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I was considering that, but it is $129 if I renew my contract, whereas it was only $100 at Best Buy when I was there last weekend. I'll check tomorrow since that is when I'm eligible for an upgrade.

Glad your upgrade is so soon.
Mine is not until 09/01/12. :(
Let us know what you get and the deal you make. :)

Mav. :cool:

Sent from the future on my Android Optimus S.

Berserk

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
June 1st!? If that is really the release date for the Galaxy Nexus Sprint just lost another customer. I'm going to Verizon. This whole unlimited data deal doesn't bother me since I'm on wifi all day.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
The GN is going to be old news by the time Sprint lets this baby loose.. I was really excited at first but I've lost interest now... 16 gb/32 gb.. Faster processor? None of it is that appealing anymore....

Reactions: giograves

Berserk

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I haven't lost all interest yet and I'm willing to wait a little bit longer but if I don't hear anything by late March or early April I'm leaving to get the Galaxy Nexus on another carrier.

WeGlobal

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I might have to start looking at Verizon. Sprint's Unlimited Everything Plan doesn't have the same appeal as it used to have, thanks to using Google Voice for calls/texts, and abusing Wi-Fi for internet. If Sprint keeps dropping the ball with releasing quality smartphones, I may have no choice but to switch.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Im willing to wait. I like my cheap monthly Sprint bill with unlimited voice/text/data with no surprises. No way do i want to get raped by Verizon or AT&T every month. I like not having to worry about big surprise bills. Pick your carrier first. Then pick your phone. Sprint offers the best value bar none. Leave and you might regret it. Good luck.

jamie

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Vice president of Google Wallet and Payments Osama Bedier said U.S. operator partner Sprint Nextel (NYSE:S) will introduce "at least 10 additional phones" with support for Google Wallet this year. Source: Jason Akeny fiercemobilecontent.com

This sounds promising for a great sprint lineup!

Last edited:

bas.androiddev

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm not satisfied waiting around for the Galaxy Nexus anymore. I got the HTC Evo 4g the day it was released and my contract is up in 30 days. I have been not so patiently waiting for the GB ever since I heard about it.

The Sprint unlimited plan *sounds* good, but for me it isnt any big deal anymore. There is no 4g in my area, there never has been and I knew this when I bought the Evo, I could care less about 4g, I use wifi all day and 3g is good enough when no wifi is available. There wont be any 4g in my area for the foreseeable future and I dont care.

I'm tired of waiting. I was excited when Sprint announced plans for the GN, but I've lost interest. They are so damn cryptic about everything, I just want a freaking release date. I would also appreciate a good 3 to 6 months heads up on what NEW phones are going to be available on Sprint, so I can make a better decision when I shackle myself to a new piece of hardware for the next two freaking years.

30 days. If there is no information by the time my contract is up, I'll make up my mind to drop Sprint for a carrier that has a GN I can take home that same day. Sick and tired of the lack of information.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm not satisfied waiting around for the Galaxy Nexus anymore. I got the HTC Evo 4g the day it was released and my contract is up in 30 days. I have been not so patiently waiting for the GB ever since I heard about it.

The Sprint unlimited plan *sounds* good, but for me it isnt any big deal anymore. There is no 4g in my area, there never has been and I knew this when I bought the Evo, I could care less about 4g, I use wifi all day and 3g is good enough when no wifi is available. There wont be any 4g in my area for the foreseeable future and I dont care.

I'm tired of waiting. I was excited when Sprint announced plans for the GN, but I've lost interest. They are so damn cryptic about everything, I just want a freaking release date. I would also appreciate a good 3 to 6 months heads up on what NEW phones are going to be available on Sprint, so I can make a better decision when I shackle myself to a new piece of hardware for the next two freaking years.

30 days. If there is no information by the time my contract is up, I'll make up my mind to drop Sprint for a carrier that has a GN I can take home that same day. Sick and tired of the lack of information.

i think you should email that to dan@sprint.c0m.

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys...big news here!!! Just talked to my Sprint guy. He was talking to a Samsung Rep who told him early April is when ours will arrive!!! Apparently Verizon bought rights to have it exclusively for a little while. I can't wait!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Sent from the greatest HTC EVO 4G ever made!!!

jamie

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
That's awesome! Thats what I've been saying too, they are having to wait. April first is the date all launch day evo users can upgrade.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys...big news here!!! Just talked to my Sprint guy. He was talking to a Samsung Rep who told him early April is when ours will arrive!!! Apparently Verizon bought rights to have it exclusively for a little while. I can't wait!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

That is the best officially unofficial rumor and/or hearsay that I have seen yet. ;)
Early April announcement or release?
Thanks.

Mav. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.