04-20-2012 10:41 PM
790 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Wow, price just keeps on dropping and dropping. Pretty quick for a phone that was released, what, barely 2 months ago?

Makes you want to say......hmmmmmm
    technology is like a bag of chips - it goes stale quickly and has an expiration date when it becomes obsolete. the life span of a new phone is only about 12 months. this is especially true for the Nexus phones. we are only about 8 months away from a new Nexus. hence - Sprint needs to stop sitting on the G-Nex and release it already. this is starting to get ridiculous.
    02-22-2012 11:33 AM
    Phone is 5 months old already just saying
    02-22-2012 11:40 AM
    I dont think they will release it till May.. Old news by then.

From the best android phone PERIOD. Galaxy Nexus.
    02-22-2012 11:50 AM
    i wish Hesse would get off his *** and start swinging. fight damn it! FIGHT!!!

i love Sprint's value and service but the current selection of phones is absolutely disgraceful. not to mention the Wimax/LTE obsolescence issue before you even walk out the door.
    02-22-2012 11:57 AM
    Cool post bro! How about turning off email notifications or how about you make your own thread. Not trying to be mean...just saying.

Sent from the greatest HTC EVO 4G ever made!!!
    Somehow I knew someone would suggest turning off email notifications. Trouble is, I don't want to! For example, CaMelGuY1337's info about
    a) how his store got the screen protectors a few days ago, and
    b) how the release might be delayed by Apple being a b***h about Android
    is relevant and interesting to me, as have been the last couple pages of posts

Turning off email notifications would stop the flow of info to me, which I don't like. Starting a new thread when this one is already well established would just be counterproductive. If people with something to say see two different threads, they're likely to only say it in one or the other, not both, effectively decreasing the size of the pool of information both for me and for others. Therefore, a new thread would help neither me nor others.

I repeat: I like the last couple pages of posts!

Side note: I'd prefer it if Sprint announced the release date soon, no matter when that date is. That would reduce this whole ordeal of rumors and guesswork to a simple countdown.
    02-22-2012 01:01 PM
    May is waaaaay to long. The phone would be 7+ month old by then. I love Sprint...but come on already.
    02-22-2012 01:03 PM
    2 Days?

1-9-12 Sprint G-Nex announced
    2-24-12 Sprint G-Nex available "for sale" date announced?
    3-9-12 Sprint G-Nex available for sale?
    With the online special for Verizon's SGN being only 2 days (22nd, 23rd), a release announcement this Friday the 24th could indeed be correct.
    Gekko will win the big prize for the correct guess.
    Not sure what the prize is, but we will figure something out.

The next guess is how much will Sprint be asking for it.

Mav.
    02-22-2012 01:18 PM
    here's a tip for those anxiously waiting for the Sprint G-Nex - go buy yourself a shiny new cheap TPU case for your old phone from ebay. it will freshen up your old phone a little bit and help you stretch out the time we have until the Sprint G-Nex is released.
    02-22-2012 03:00 PM
    With the online special for Verizon's SGN being only 2 days (22nd, 23rd), a release announcement this Friday the 24th could indeed be correct.

Mav.
    After talking with the Sprint people....they should be asking no more than $200 on a new 2 year plan. The E4GT is the only phone I've ever seen them ask more for at the time you sign on the dotted line.

02-22-2012 09:30 PM
    Also....I'm gonna try and grab a picture of the screen protectors tomorrow. Hopefully the same guy is working.

02-22-2012 09:32 PM
    technology is like a bag of chips - it goes stale quickly and has an expiration date when it becomes obsolete. the life span of a new phone is only about 12 months. this is especially true for the Nexus phones. we are only about 8 months away from a new Nexus. hence - Sprint needs to stop sitting on the G-Nex and release it already. this is starting to get ridiculous.
    Heck man...look how long it took them to release the Nexus S 4G. That was almost ancient by the time it came out. Makes me a little worried about the G'Nex.

02-22-2012 09:34 PM
    Speaking of the Nexus S - When was it released and when did it come to Sprint. Just Wondering.
    02-22-2012 10:24 PM
    3-21-11 Sprint Nexus S 4G Announced
    5-8-11 Sprint Nexus S 4G Available
    02-23-2012 05:54 AM
    January 11, 2012
    By Sascha Segan

LAS VEGAS Sprint is making a big jump over to LTE. The company won't be introducing any more WiMAX smartphones, Sprint's VP of product realization David Owens said today, preferring instead to bulk up its upcoming LTE lineup. And those LTE phones will be Android phones, at least for now, as Owens had some tough things to say about Microsoft's Windows Phone OS.

Sprint launched its first two LTE smartphones here at CES, the flashy Samsung Galaxy Nexus (we have a full review of the Verizon Wireless model) and the LG Viper, which we did a hands-on with earlier at the show.

With those two in the pipeline and more phones potentially coming "by midyear" when Sprint launches LTE, the company is pretty much done with launching WiMAX smartphones, Owens said.

"We've just gone through an extensive set of launches," which will keep Sprint's product line fresh for a while, Owens said.

"April, May, June, July, August, those will be very aggressive times for us," Owens said.

And he warned that Sprint will probably over-deliver on its LTE buildout promises. While Sprint has only promised four LTE cities by the middle of the year, "By the second half of the year" means "between now and midyear," Owens said. "Other markets may launch in 2012," too.

Sprint: We're Bullish On LTE, Not Windows Phone | News & Opinion | PCMag.com
    02-23-2012 05:55 AM
    let's look at the past to help us guess the future -

3-23-10 EVO 4G announced
    6-4-10 EVO 4G available for sale

10-18-11 Verizon SGN announced
    12-15-11 Verizon SGN available for sale

1-9-12 Sprint SGN announced
    3-9-12 Sprint SGN available for sale?
    02-23-2012 05:57 AM

Mav.
    my prize will be getting my hands on the Sprint G-Nex!!!

i would love to see an announcement of the release date tomorrow but i'm not holding my breath.
    02-23-2012 08:40 AM
    Speaking of the Nexus S - When was it released and when did it come to Sprint. Just Wondering.
    The Nexus S 4G came to Sprint in May 2011. The GSM model was released in December 2010. Hopefully, Sprint's Galaxy Nexus release will be more timely than that.
    02-23-2012 12:31 PM
    The Nexus S 4G came to Sprint in May 2011. The GSM model was released in December 2010. Hopefully, Sprint's Galaxy Nexus release will be more timely than that.
    But as Gekko pointed out above, they didn't announce the Nexus S until March, two months prior to the release. According to the data he has shown this is the trend with Sprint, announce a phone, two months later release it, and the Nexus Galaxy was announced in January.
    02-23-2012 01:50 PM
    Is there any chance that Sprint crashes the party at MWC and announces a date for the GNex? Had a dream this happened last night.
    Berserk likes this.
    02-23-2012 03:47 PM
    I have just noticed that on this page: http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-nexus/ it says this:

"Sprint Galaxy Nexus - A forum dedicated to enthusiasts of the Galaxy Nexus on Sprint slated for release in July 2012."

This would be the beginning of the 3rd Quarter and would match what Sprint's 4G LTE release says about "mid-2012"

Curiouser and curiouser.

Thoughts?

Mav.
    02-24-2012 09:19 AM

Mav.
    My prediction on pricing: Starting a $200 minus change, later reduced to $100 minus change (on contract).

Why: I haven't heard of any phone Sprint has released in the last couple years that they charge $200 or more for a new phone on contract, notably excepting the iPhone 4S 32GB and 64GB ($299 and $399, respectively, which are standard prices from Apple). In addition, the guy from Sprint I talked to said they'd charge $199 or so (on contract, of course). I don't remember how sure he was, but it seems quite reasonable given Sprint's track record.

Prior history with Gingerbread: Sprint released the Nexus S 4G for $200 minus change (May 2011), later reducing it to $99.99 around the time the Samsung Galaxy S II 4G was released in Canada (July 2011). It would make sense that Sprint would follow the same pattern with Ice Cream Sandwich: release the Galaxy Nexus for ~$200, then halve the price when Samsung releases the Galaxy S III.
    02-24-2012 11:30 AM
    I'm having a strong feeling that if anything was to be announced today it would have already been. Oh well.
    02-24-2012 02:12 PM
    Happy to find others suffering like me. When the hell is Sprint going to tell us something, ANYTHING?!
    02-24-2012 02:52 PM
    I'm having a strong feeling that if anything was to be announced today it would have already been. Oh well.
    Yip...me too. My next hope is for Sunday. Nice little announcement to kick off the MWC
    02-24-2012 02:58 PM
    Well I'm going to hope for it, I've got 5 days until my upgrade and my Hero is getting worse. I'm going to head to Best Buy sometime this weekend and see what they may or may not know. Also to take a look at the Galaxy S2.
    02-24-2012 04:49 PM
790 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD