Better GPU?

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Not happening sorry to burst your bubble.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

joelkamp

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Here's why I think it could be possible, quote from TIs press release on the 4470.

"Customers designing ultrathin laptops, tablets or smartphones around previously released OMAP 4 processors gain the added benefit of pin-to-pin hardware and software compatibility for maximum re-use and faster time-to-market."

Bestphonever

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
Not happening sorry to burst your bubble.

This guy definitely knows what he's talking about. /s

I love how people are so confident with things they know absolutely nothing about. Unless you're a sprint employee (my apologies if you are) you shouldn't make such asinine statements. Nobody knows if the sprint nexus will be the same as the Verizon one. One thing we know is that the radio is going to be different, sprint doesn't operate on the 700mhz spectrum, that's what verizon uses for their LTE. Maybe the sprint radio wont work on the omap 4460 but will on the 4470, just like how the Galaxy note wont run on exynos and the reason why it has a snapdragon on Att. Just like the Galaxy S 2 uses a snapdragon on T-mobile. Mother of god, our nexus is gonna have snapdragon isn't it? :'(

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
U really thank google would change the nexus. Its not happening what the current model nexus is will b with all carriers only difference is the cellular radios for cdma carriers.

Lucki

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
You mean Google wallet o.o. and its on most websites now that it might be different. If it is.. SICKKKKKKKKKK!!:cool:

Bestphonever

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
U really thank google would change the nexus. Its not happening what the current model nexus is will b with all carriers only difference is the cellular radios for cdma carriers.

I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to say. But some Soc's don't work with some radios, so it's a possibility that the sprint nexus might have a different processor. Also, not all nexus s's were the same, some ditched SMOLED for Super clear LCD in some markets. All I'm trying to explain to you is that you have no idea what google's plans are, you have no idea what sprint want's for their nexus.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
And you are wrong on the screen the reason for the switch is there wasn't enough of smoled to go around. I really doubt that Google would take the nexus something they build and test in house with samsung all year and pretty much scrap the current model for new CPU gpu camera etc I don't see it. Guess it really doesn't matter bye the time sprint gets it the phone is all ready dead. The next nexus will b here in Oct. B foolish to buy a phone knowing next nexus is coming up.

Bestphonever

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
And you are wrong on the screen the reason for the switch is there wasn't enough of smoled to go around. I really doubt that Google would take the nexus something they build and test in house with samsung all year and pretty much scrap the current model for new CPU gpu camera etc I don't see it. Guess it really doesn't matter bye the time sprint gets it the phone is all ready dead. The next nexus will b here in Oct. B foolish to buy a phone knowing next nexus is coming up.

How am I wrong? I said that there were two different kinds of Nexus s's, which there are. One with a SAMOLED and one without...In all honestly I don't think the Sprint nexus will have anything updated. But that's the thing. I have no idea, neither do you. We're just speculating here and your "not gonna happen" comment makes you seem like you're informed, when you clearly have no more knowledge than anyone else in this thread.

joelkamp

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Sprints nexus s was different last time as it was the only nexus with 4g. The point I made above is that the 4470 is pretty much plug and play with the current nexus CPU so there would be no need to scrap any work. Not saying its going to happen, but you have to admit it is certainly a possibility.

Bestphonever

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
Sprints nexus s was different last time as it was the only nexus with 4g. The point I made above is that the 4470 is pretty much plug and play with the current nexus CPU so there would be no need to scrap any work. Not saying its going to happen, but you have to admit it is certainly a possibility.

In my opinion, I don't think it's going to happen based on the logic that I really want it to happen and the universe isn't that kind to me. It would be awesome if the 4470 was in it. I'd rather have that than the camera bump.

Lucki

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I really hope it does. So Will this GPU be better than the Mali 400 found in the epic 4g touch? or about the same?

Bestphonever

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
I really hope it does. So Will this GPU be better than the Mali 400 found in the epic 4g touch? or about the same?
I'm no expert on any of this but I read this interesting article that says it should be about the same as the GPU found in the Exynos 4212/4210 (Galaxy s 2).
androidauthority.com said:
Texas Instruments is moving away from PowerVR SGX540 and it?s adopting the newer PowerVR SGX544 (which is the same SGX543 in Apple?s A5), but it also has support for DirectX 9.3. However, it has only one core as opposed to A5′s two cores. However, we don?t know yet if it?s overclocked or not (it probably is), just like the SGX540 was originally in Galaxy S was overclocked by 50% when the latter was used in OMAP 4430.

Texas Instruments promises a 2.5 times improvement in the OMAP 4470 over the OMAP 4430 GPU. If that?s true, then it should also have a similar performance to the Exynos 4212 GPU and the Kal-El GPU. But, we don?t know exactly when it will ship (probably sometime in spring).
The only reason I would want something like this would be to set my self up for the future. I would want my nexus to last me around another android build. Maybe two of them. I think the 4470 does that better than the 4460. That's just my thought process.

Link to source:S4 vs Tegra 3 vs OMAP 4470 vs Exynos 4212: Strong-ARMed Superchip Showdown!

Reactions: Lucki

Lucki

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm no expert on any of this but I read this interesting article that says it should be about the same as the GPU found in the Exynos 4212/4210 (Galaxy s 2).
The only reason I would want something like this would be to set my self up for the future. I would want my nexus to last me around another android build. Maybe two of them. I think the 4470 does that better than the 4460. That's just my thought process.

Link to source:S4 vs Tegra 3 vs OMAP 4470 vs Exynos 4212: Strong-ARMed Superchip Showdown!

I really really want Google to have the Ti 4470 in the Sprint's Nexus. Only thing stopping me from buy it is the lame GPU in it. Let's hope :D!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan