Is the Galaxy Nexus still worth it?

TropicalSammich

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
And when you get that Sensed out evo, 2 months down something with better specs will be out. Oh and don't get mad when Jelly Bean rows around and your stuck on ICS till June of next year when a newer update is right around the corner again.

He can get whatever phone he wants.

Consumer's, take advantage of the carrier Trial Period!!

Buy the phone, try it out, return it if you don't like it!

Just because one person likes 'X', doesn't mean everyone will. This is the beauty of Android!! Diversity in hardware.:cool:

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
And when you get that Sensed out evo, 2 months down something with better specs will be out. Oh and don't get mad when Jelly Bean rows around and your stuck on ICS till June of next year when a newer update is right around the corner again.

sounds like my ns4g that just got ICS. haha.

Dat_guy_Juan

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
It's worth it to me. It's a great upgrade to my OG Evo. I really don't care for the new Evo cause I always had HTC and its time for something new. Plus who don't love those on-screen buttons lol

aznmode

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
So itching to pre order this thing but I dont know how I feel about not having LTE in my area. I use my Evo 3d to tether my tablet when I'm not at home and I usually get 4g coverage for the most part. Tethering with 3g only sucks. But it seems to be a good device overall. I like having removable battery too. Only real way to find out if its worth it is to actually upgrade. 14 days return policy should be enough for me to decide.

duffkitty

Lurker
May 25, 2010
Visit site

These are my sentiments though not so blunt.

Sure the Nexus S 4g took a while for ICS (does it even have it yet?) But the fact its getting upgraded is a lot more to say then a majority of phones release a year and a half ago.

When Jelly Bean does come out the Evo 4G LTE may not get it (unlikely) whereas the Galaxy Nexus definitely will. The saving grace to the new Evo to me is really the unlockable boot loader that should keep it CM supported.

Close call for me. In the end the $50 dollar Google Wallet credit may sway me.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I will be getting the GS3 most likely.

Sure it might get slow updates, or not get an update, that is what roms are for.

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
To me its well worth it. It may not have teg3 or the new processors but it does everything they can do. I love this phone. I honestly think I'll keep this phone the entire time. Its a nexus lol. Great phone. To me its in the top 5 android phones currently available. This phone can handle any task you throw at it.

Speedygi

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
My personal opinion on these kind of things is: when your recontract time comes get the best phone out there that you feel really suits you. Now, some people may deem the phone with the best specs to be the best for them, as usual.

For me, I see it differently, you don't have to have the cutting edge all the time. Why do you need a quad core phone when a dual core can do everything you want it to do at a better than average rate? Do you really need that kind of juice in the first place? You always have to gauge by your needs and how efficient the apps on your current phone can meet those needs. If you find yourself making excuses (and I mean really make excuses and not create needs out of thin air), most likely you need to upgrade.

From what I can see, you are an Evo person, wait for the EVO 4G LTE...

sacgsxr

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Agree. I want the phone also, but no LTE in my area almost makes it a downgrade from my OG EVO with 4g on Wimax. Still can't decide.
So itching to pre order this thing but I dont know how I feel about not having LTE in my area. I use my Evo 3d to tether my tablet when I'm not at home and I usually get 4g coverage for the most part. Tethering with 3g only sucks. But it seems to be a good device overall. I like having removable battery too. Only real way to find out if its worth it is to actually upgrade. 14 days return policy should be enough for me to decide.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Unitedstreets

Jan 21, 2010
Visit site
I personally couldn't say. I still have my OG EVO 4G and I'm sure I won't get LTE in Arizona any time soon, so I'm gonna get my Galaxy Nexus as soon as I can only because I have no insurance on my EVO and the screen is broken.

My plan...

I'll buy it from Best Buy.
I'll use their buy back program.
Sell it back to Best Buy.
Get the EVO 4G LTE when it comes out.

I want that camera. I want that kickstand. I want that phone.

farmer312

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I have an Epic Touch 4g and I preordered the galaxy nexus. I know I am probably downgrading as far as the exynos processor and the better camera on the epic touch, but to me the support is what I'm looking for. When you go on XDA and you look at the number of roms on there that you can find to suit your particular needs, there is no better phone than a google supported phone. Developers love these phones because google doesn't lock away the source code in a vault somewhere the way the manufacturers do. When google updates something it goes up for the developers to immediately begin tinkering with. Not to say that other phones don't have good ROMS or developers, cause my E4GT has a few great ones, but the number of ROMS available and the number of developers working on these phones is tremendous, and I will expect more of the same out of my new shiny galaxy nexus when it arrives this weekend.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I have an Epic Touch 4g and I preordered the galaxy nexus. I know I am probably downgrading as far as the exynos processor and the better camera on the epic touch, but to me the support is what I'm looking for. When you go on XDA and you look at the number of roms on there that you can find to suit your particular needs, there is no better phone than a google supported phone. Developers love these phones because google doesn't lock away the source code in a vault somewhere the way the manufacturers do. When google updates something it goes up for the developers to immediately begin tinkering with. Not to say that other phones don't have good ROMS or developers, cause my E4GT has a few great ones, but the number of ROMS available and the number of developers working on these phones is tremendous, and I will expect more of the same out of my new shiny galaxy nexus when it arrives this weekend.

I'd argue that this phone has more support than any other current Android device, and is possibly better supported than any other previous Android device as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol