what do you like most about the Galaxy Nexus?

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Now that everyone or at least most of us than received our Galaxy Nexus's...what is some of the things you like the most about it.

I for one like smoothest of it. It fast enough for me and works like I thought it would. I didn't get the phone with the thought that it could take" Grade A" pics or it could bake a cake or cut the grass. I got it with theory that it could do what I need it to do...make calls, receive calls, play games and surf the net.

Another thing about the phone I like is the voice to text feature in that it types the words as you speak and its very accurate as well. I also like the camera and the sound quality of the phone.

I'm glad I sold my E4GT and got this. Some people told me don't do it. But I'm glad I did. So far, I'm liking this phone a lot. I know that down the road I may have a hiccup here and there...every phone and/or device do. No matter if it's the SGG2, iPhone HTC One Series, they're all gonna have some kind of issue.

But after being through the OG Evo, Evo 3D, Evo Shift, Nexus S 4G, Photon, iPhone 4s and the E4GT, I can finally say, I'm content and like what I got.

anon(71576)

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
For me (coming from a Hero), having the speed is the best. I also like being able to use the ICS only apps such as Chrome. That browser flies on the gnexus.

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
OP, how do you like it compared to your photon?

I like it a lot over the photon. The photon and iPhone 4s has the best reception of any phone I've used on sprint. I know the battery life on the photon is good. I haven't had a chance to test out the GN battery yet.

The Photon seemed to be better built as well. One thing I don't like about the GN is the flimsy battery door. But that's minor.

Overall the speed of the GN and ICS blows the photon out of the water. I haven't experienced any lag. However,I always experienced lag on the photon when unlocking the device and flicking through screens.

Reactions: scoobdude

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
After all of those devices, do you miss the HTC keyboad? I feel like theirs is easier and more efficient with the long press alternative keys. (no, I don't like swype)

I would like to give the Nexus a try, but playing with it at Verizon lately the stock ICS doesnt seem as user friendly for heavy business use of calendar. contacts and email. It just seemed to be less intuitive on some layouts than Sense.

I'm torn over Nexus or EVO LTE.

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
After all of those devices, do you miss the HTC keyboad? I feel like theirs is easier and more efficient with the long press alternative keys. (no, I don't like swype)

I would like to give the Nexus a try, but playing with it at Verizon lately the stock ICS doesnt seem as user friendly for heavy business use of calendar. contacts and email. It just seemed to be less intuitive on some layouts than Sense.

I'm torn over Nexus or EVO LTE.

I'm not a physical keyboard type of person. I honestly don't like them. But if I had choose between the HTC Evo Shift Keyboard and Epic 4G Keyboard, I would choose the HTC Shift, only because it fits nice in the hand and because I made less errors on it than I did on the Epic 4G.

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm not a physical keyboard type of person. I honestly don't like them. But if I had choose between the HTC Evo Shift Keyboard and Epic 4G Keyboard, I would choose the HTC Shift, only because it fits nice in the hand and because I made less errors on it than I did on the Epic 4G.

No, I didn't mean the Shift, I mean do you think the HTC virtual keyboard is better than the nexus stock ICS keyboard or Samsungs virtual one? I think the HTC is much better.

Also, after a ton of Treos and the great HTC TouchPro back in the day, I loved physical keyboards, but the screen real estate of larger slabs like EVO and the Nexus is so great once you get used to screen typing. I couldn't go back now.

I do wish the EVO LTE wasn't quite so large and was the height and width of the thinner EVO 4G.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo