data speeds on sprint galaxy nexus

thoughthalo

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
i know that the sprint 4g lte network is still to go online. But i was curious, what data speeds are you getting as of now after sprints 3g network enhancements. feel free to post screenshots

eric3316

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
is the 11mb to 13mb lte?

Yeah, I was wondering what that post was about. I would think Sprint's LTE would run faster then that right now because no one really has an LTE device besides those that received a Nexus yesterday so you would probably be the only one on a tower with LTE...

jlo8720

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
while you might have "LTE service" now, sprint said LTE isn't officially supported (maybe poor speeds/dropped connection/etc) until it goes officially live.

I would expect your speeds to continue to improve as the wholly build out the towers/nodes/etc in your area.

helloworld1

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
That would be great, but as of now I am extremely pleased with it as it is. It is more than fast enough for practical smartphone uses. I'd rather have 8mb down and unlimited data than 20mb down and a 2gb limit ;). I consumed over 500MB of data in less than an hour. It is beyond me how people survive on capped plans.

jlo8720

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
That would be great, but as of now I am extremely pleased with it as it is. It is more than fast enough for practical smartphone uses. I'd rather have 8mb down and unlimited data than 20mb down and a 2gb limit ;). I consumed over 500MB of data in less than an hour. It is beyond me how people survive on capped plans.

and your consumption is (one of the reasons) why sprint's network is the slowest..... you cant have both

thoughthalo

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I am really excited reading that a few folks are already experiencing LTE in a few locations!! Anybody around the Tampa bay area able to get LTE ??

elfuego

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
That is a little disappointing hopefully they have a few software quirks they need to work out

Do we really need speeds faster than 8mb on a phone/tablet? I thinks it's pointless... Even if you have 100mb down, who's server is delivering those speeds. Every time I try to download something from iTunes, Amazon or Steam or the Playstation Network on my Comcast connection at home, it sucks. So having 30mb down on a Comcast line at your home is worthless. Why would you need that on a phone. I just don't get it. 1mb down 512kb up on Sprint takes care of 95% of what I do on my phone, including music streaming. Just saying...

helloworld1

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
Got a new record 14 down and almost 10 up. Not too shabby. I did some driving around today and the LTE is not very widespread in KC. Strangely enough, the phone switches to LTE right when I pull into my neighborhood :)

BTW, I took my phone to Sprint and showed them the single *stuck pixel that it has. Without any debate, they said that I could come in tomorrow and swap it out. They said they would have given it to me today but their systems won't allow it. They even put my replacement on hold for me.

Reactions: lynyrd65

eric3316

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Do we really need speeds faster than 8mb on a phone/tablet? I thinks it's pointless... Even if you have 100mb down, who's server is delivering those speeds. Every time I try to download something from iTunes, Amazon or Steam or the Playstation Network on my Comcast connection at home, it sucks. So having 30mb down on a Comcast line at your home is worthless. Why would you need that on a phone. I just don't get it. 1mb down 512kb up on Sprint takes care of 95% of what I do on my phone, including music streaming. Just saying...

Remember though, that is 8mbs on a tower where odds are you might be the only one on it with LTE or 1 of very few. What will that 8mbs look like when a lot of people are using an LTE device on a tower?

rjw

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
Yeah hopefully Sprint has more than enough back haul to compensate for the unlimited plans plus a lot more 4g LTE users..

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
and your consumption is (one of the reasons) why sprint's network is the slowest..... you cant have both

No my friend sprint 3g is slow because they are sharing towers with virgin and boost mobile and not to mention cricket roams with us too sprint is unlimited because that's what the Sprint customers want imho

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2