Signal Issues

abwchris

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else having signal issues with the Nexus? I've already had to contact Sprint and have them send out a replacement as my phone had absolutely no signal from the moment it was activated. So it looks like the issues with the Verizon Nexus have not been solved with the Sprint version. :(

helloworld1

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
My signal seems great. I get 3-4 bars of LTE (in KC) all over my house whereas Wimax only worked in one room.

Although, my phone has a stuck pixel on the notification bar. Headed to the Sprint store to try to get them to replace it.

abwchris

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I may have just received a defective model though too....not upset or even disappointed. I work in a cell phone retail store so I know stuff like this happens.

helloworld1

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
I am hoping that Sprint will replace the phone today. I am going to try the retail store next to my work (I'm at work right now). If that fails, I'll head the the Sprint campus (just down the street) and try my luck there.

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
My signal seems great. I get 3-4 bars of LTE (in KC) all over my house whereas Wimax only worked in one room.

Although, my phone has a stuck pixel on the notification bar. Headed to the Sprint store to try to get them to replace it.

How's the LTE???

helloworld1

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
I tried it yestederday in my house and my best was 8.6 down and 2.6 up. I will be mobile today so I'll try it in a few more locations.

On a side note, its awesome. Much better than Wimax. I get 3-4 bars in my house whereas Wimax only worked in 1 room.

anon(71576)

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I have no mobile data connection on mine so they're sending a replacement out. Should be here tomorrow. Hopefully I just got a bad device. Still pleased with it software and hardware wise.

kdaq

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
My reception is slightly less good than my Palm Pre was. Which itself was slightly less good than my Palm Treo.

Not deal-breaker bad, though. Also, got an Airave coming my way, hoping it eases the pain a bit.

Technosticrati

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
My reception is slightly less good than my Palm Pre was. Which itself was slightly less good than my Palm Treo.

Not deal-breaker bad, though. Also, got an Airave coming my way, hoping it eases the pain a bit.
How'd you swing the Airrave? Is it due to poor data reception?

Sent from my HTC Arrive using Board Express

LAhanger

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Watch it, Truthteller. You'll get banned for saying what so many have experienced with the NS4G, and other Samsung hardware. We've had 3 NS4G's and all of them have/had issues with poor signal, wifi reception, and GPS. That's a poor sample size until you read the complaints on the internet. Bloatware or not I'm sticking with the HTC handsets from now on. I'm banking on the new EVO to deliver.

elfuego

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Fully agree with the opinions given on this discussion. It's sad because their design is really cool and the display looks amazing. But so many discussions on the internet regarding their poor radios. I wonder if a few years down the road we'll see a class action suit or something. Samsung sell millions of these handsets. I assume a few million live with less than desirable phone service due to the hardware and they just don't know better. I know my wife complains about the inability to use her GPS on Her galaxy S, but she just gave up. Just my 2 cents

irev210

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I will toss in my two cents-

Reception doesn't seem to be as strong as the old Galaxy S II phone that I replaced this with (based on the ability to make, receive, and hold a call on the sprint network).

Data speeds are roughly the same with the notable increase in upload speeds.

wolverinex

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Well thought this was a fantastic device,until I turned off wifi and tried 3g! Or the lack of 3g.
Did all the resets,prl and profile updates,even had a service rep do a new revisioning.
Needless to say I just got off the phone with sprint,new unit is on its way.
Hope the new one works,I just sold my epic touch on eBay : (

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Sprint 3G is horrible. I average ~600k where I am...only getting over a megabit when inside a Sprint store...:p

Not surprised reading about the signal issues...I am glad it's not being hidden anymore...the phone is new enough that defending/hiding issues hasn't set in yet. (Galaxy S2 users still claim their signal is perfect. :confused:)

If you have a Galaxy Nexus...run back to Sprint and return it.

Hopefully I can resist the EVO LTE long enough to see what Motorola is planning.

:)

Why anyone who values call reliability would buy a Samsung is beyond me...they have been horrendous.

GoGayleGo

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Just got my phone yesterday and am having trouble connecting to internet via 3G (via WiFi is fine). Googled, and it seems there is currently a widespread issue. Called Sprint, rep knew nothing. I asked to speak to a supervisor, who informed me that as of the 23rd, they are having "nationwide market issues with access to data services for Galaxy Nexus". It is expected to be resolved by 5/1. I'm not going to bother with a new unit until this issue is resolved.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay