[ROOT][VIDEO] How to unlock/root Sprint Galaxy Nexus

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
First, not having the device I can't provide the detailed guide I normally would. That doesn't stop me from giving you guys a good video or two to watch.

Many of you maybe familiar with QBKing77's guides/how to videos. I talked with him and he said his guides for the Verizon GNex will work with the Sprint GNex to get you unlocked/rooted/CWM installed. FYI, he mentioned to me as soon as he gets his GNex (hopefully soon) he will have the video's updated using his Sprint GNex, but these have been confirmed to work.

How to Unlock the Galaxy Nexus Bootloader

How to Root the Verizon Galaxy Nexus 4G LTE

Superuser 3.0.7.zip file (One indicated in video wasn't working properly)

Thanks again to QBKing77 of ACS Syndicate and his awesome video work.

Last edited:

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Can someone post some videos or tutorials on how to return to stock?

I rooted and now my Google Wallet doesn't work. For some strange reason, I get the message that the prepaid Google Card could not be added and to try again later. So because I have money tied into my G-Wallet account, I wanted to return back to stock.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Can someone post some videos or tutorials on how to return to stock?

I rooted and now my Google Wallet doesn't work. For some strange reason, I get the message that the prepaid Google Card could not be added and to try again later. So because I have money tied into my G-Wallet account, I wanted to return back to stock.

Not exactly sure about this ATM... The factory images haven't been released for this yet so doing so is a mystery to me at this moment.

I will make sure this is NOTED in the OP.

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Not exactly sure about this ATM... The factory images haven't been released for this yet so doing so is a mystery to me at this moment.

I will make sure this is NOTED in the OP.

Thanks... I flashed to quick...lol. I should've waited, but oh well. You live and learn. ;)

On a side note the guys over on XDA are asking for stock nandroid of a Sprint GN..so if anything develops over there, I'll be sure to shoot you a pm or post the info here.

Sprint Galaxy Nexus - Page 46 - xda-developers

Reactions: Paul627g

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Thanks... I flashed to quick...lol. I should've waited, but oh well. You live and learn. ;)

On a side note the guys over on XDA are asking for stock nandroid of a Sprint GN..so if anything develops over there, I'll be sure to shoot you a pm or post the info here.

Sprint Galaxy Nexus - Page 46 - xda-developers

I figured this would become an issue, so until someone builds a hacked version of an update.zip or something of that nature to return to stock your at the mercy of Google releasing the Sprint GNex factory images.

I would imagine this would happen very soon, but how soon is the question.

Luca_Blight

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Paul! I do plan to get the Gnex so definitely expect to see updated videos soon! In the meantime be sure to subscribe to me @ qbking77 - YouTube

Thanks and expect to see many videos for the Sprint Gnex!

Thxs so much for you videos. They helped me out so much. The only problem I had was with the su.zip. I mean I unlock the bootloader and rooted it just like in your video. But my apps was saying I didn't have root something wrong with the binary. So I just found a su.zip on xda. Other than that it's flawless man really appreciate you. Please make some from videos

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Thxs so much for you videos. They helped me out so much. The only problem I had was with the su.zip. I mean I unlock the bootloader and rooted it just like in your video. But my apps was saying I didn't have root something wrong with the binary. So I just found a su.zip on xda. Other than that it's flawless man really appreciate you. Please make some from videos

You wouldn't happen to have the corrected SU.zip would you?

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site

Do your Google Wallet work?

Luca_Blight

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Do your Google Wallet work?

Yeah just set it up and got the free 10 dollars. Went to CVS to try it out and worked fine. Bought a soda and chips lol. Only thing though it worked fine but at the top it says device not supported. Probably because it rooted. I don't know but it worked fine for me.

Bestphonever

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
Did it work out for you?

It worked out for me, using the zip called 'Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip'. I just changed the name to su.zip and followed his instructions.

Also, I think that that CWM is permanent and not temporary like he says. I can't seem to find the 'recovery-from-boot.p' file that you're supposed to delete. Anyone else not find it?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
It worked out for me, using the zip called 'Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip'. I just changed the name to su.zip and followed his instructions.

Also, I think that that CWM is permanent and not temporary like he says. I can't seem to find the 'recovery-from-boot.p' file that you're supposed to delete. Anyone else not find it?
I'm guessing the original SU file that was mentioned probably didn't had the edits in place to make CWM permanently stick. Usually it would revert back to the stock recovery after a reboot that is why you would go in and remove a certain file to retain CWM recovery.

This newer version of Superuser I linked to in the OP must have the edits in place to remove that file and make CWM stick when flashed.

Glad it worked out ;)