Combo Mesh Case

SSHGuru

Banned
Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
There are very few cases that have been confirmed to fit for the Sprint Nexus.

I have some on Amazon that fit.

Go to Amazon and type in DBA Cases and you will see three colors of the Hybrid Mesh cases.

If you enter the code Raul2012 you get a buck off per case.

Scott

Reactions: gabbott
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Scott the case rocks on my Verizon GN!!!

Here is the Amazon Review I left:

I am a case junkie.
I am always in awe at the cases available for the iphone and the lack of cases for other devices because of their shape, etc.
I have used a Diztronic TPU Case, which went through several revisions and a Casemate Pop! that went through a change as well.
I came across this case as someone mentioned it on an android site.

I said what the heck and decided to give it a go. I am glad I did!
It's nice not having a just a black thick slab or just silicone that looks gaudy on the device. This seriously adds style and function to a device that to be honest had a bumbled launch with the lack of accessories, updates, etc.

I have even gone so far as to order a second one.

Now to be fair, the owner will attest to this, it is not made to fit the extended battery on the Verizon version 100% but it is darn near close. So I have no worries there. If that may bother you, know that I obsess over things like that and it's a non issue for me.

The charging port could be wider for some thick usb cable, but the OEM cable and cables from Verizon for the car and my old Droid Incredible fit nice and snug with this case on.

You will find that the silicone is loose when you put it on, but that is it's design intent. What locks it all into place is the polycarbonite? mesh piece that is very sturdy yet lightweight that locks everything into place.

This case is an extension of my phone's sleak design and fits good in the hand as well as in the pocket.

One final thought...it doesn't stick to your pocket so your pocket doesn't turn inside out when removing it!

SSHGuru

Banned
Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
i love this case - TPU piano black - $3.95 + free shipping -

Black TPU High Gloss Skin Case Cover for Samsung Galaxy Nexus Droid Prime i515 | eBay

fits my Sprint G-Nex like a glove.

That's a pretty good deal with free shipping. One thing to be careful is if the price seems to low is to check shipping. Then if shipping is free make sure it ships from the US and not China. If it's from China your looking at a month for delivery.

That's a TPU style case - I got something very similar when I bought mine. I also bought a Diztronic TPU which is what I consider high end for TPU cases.

Also make sure they fit the extended battery if it's Verizon because that's the closest to the Sprint size. Many cases won't fit.

You will get more protection and a cooler case with the Mesh Combo (because it's silicon with hard mesh over it.

You can also get less protection with a PC case that hugs the phone.

There are tons of varieties - I think I own them all.

SSHGuru

Banned
Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I have about 3 TPU cases I bought. Problem is they get boring after a short time. You're covering up your beautiful phone with something ugly.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
That's how I felt with my casemate pop and TPU cases.
Both work well, just wanted something more colorful that didn't break the bank....Plus my devils are winning so the red I got a hold of is NICE!

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
There are very few cases that have been confirmed to fit for the Sprint Nexus.

I have some on Amazon that fit.

Go to Amazon and type in DBA Cases and you will see three colors of the Hybrid Mesh cases.

If you enter the code Raul2012 you get a buck off per case.

Scott

BTW, is that an HST reference?

hrbngr

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
quick question, looking for a case for the sprint GN that is similar to the 2-piece seidio case that was used on the htc evo 4g, but I would like it to either be overall more "sticky" --not to the level of silicon-- so that it wont drop out of jacket pockets, slide off of tables, etc and was hoping that someone might recommend a good option. Also, any current consensus on screen protectors?

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
quick question, looking for a case for the sprint GN that is similar to the 2-piece seidio case that was used on the htc evo 4g, but I would like it to either be overall more "sticky" --not to the level of silicon-- so that it wont drop out of jacket pockets, slide off of tables, etc and was hoping that someone might recommend a good option. Also, any current consensus on screen protectors?

the Diztronic TPU on ebay is a matte black which is a little sticky. it is not two pieces though. i've had 2-3 Seidio Active X Exoskeleton on my EVO and the corners would break off so i am turned off by the design.

i love my $3.95 + free shipping piano black TPU case from ebay and i previously only bought the Seidios. see my link earlier in the thread. i'll never pay more again.

SSHGuru

Banned
Dec 15, 2009
Visit site

Of course I happen to think that the mesh cases would work for you - the silicone is nice to hold and the mesh protects it and does not slide. Also it's only $11.50.

I hate screen protectors. However I tested a new one on my wife's IPhone and it was the best I've seen or felt. Felt like glass and didn't affect the look of the screen.

I'm getting some in hopefully this week to test on the Nexus, if I like it I'll be selling them.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I just ordered this DBA Mesh Case for my SGN and it will be here Wednesday.
Looks sweet and for $11.50, is a good deal.

Mav. :cool:

SSHGuru

Banned
Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I just ordered this DBA Mesh Case for my SGN and it will be here Wednesday.
Looks sweet and for $11.50, is a good deal.

Which color? I would guess grey based on what people have been ordering.

So far Grey is the bestselling, followed by black, and then white.

My personal preference is white, black, and then grey - the opposite. Shows you what I know.

I was also trying red, blue, purple and a few others. If I had more funds I probably would have added red to the list. My research showed purple and green would have been the next two I should have done. The purple does look pretty sharp. I never got a green sample for some reason.

If I get a large demand for a different color I may order it. Generally with a black phone the three I picked are the most popular.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Which color? I would guess grey based on what people have been ordering.
So far Grey is the bestselling, followed by black, and then white.

Black/Black is my choice.
As Stewie on "Family Guy" says, "It doesn't show dirt" ;)

Will post up my thoughts once I use it for a few days.
Thanks for the info.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar