Sprint Galaxy Nexus extended battery?

kesquivel

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
My friend on Verizon has an extended battery that gets him 12 hrs of talk time, my Sprint GNex is around 4 hours or less whether I'm talking or not. Anyone know if/when Sprint is releasing an extended battery or if the Verizon extended battery would work in my phone? The guy at the Verizon store said he wouldn't risk it....

jlo8720

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
you can talk off the battery door and do a comparison. Im sure the electrical needs of the phones are the same, given that they run the same radios, albeit on different spectrums.

Weirdo0815

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
i heard they fit but there is a bugle where the battery sticks up a little
This is true but when you buy the Verizon branded extended battery, you get a battery door that fits the bulge... the only problem is that the door says Verizon on it, not Sprint.

Weirdo0815

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
This is true but when you buy the Verizon branded extended battery, you get a battery door that fits the bulge... the only problem is that the door says Verizon on it, not Sprint.

I do need to correct this statement... Although you do get a bigger door, you will need to cut two of the snap-in clips off the door to make it fit the Sprint GN. The two clips are to the right of the battery (when looking at the phone from behind). It shouldn't affect the back staying on the phone, especially if you're going to put your phone in a case.

When I get a chance, I will take a pic and circle the clips you'll need to cut off. Shouldn't be more than say 30 minutes...

Reactions: xdalaw

elvis1935

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I got the verizon battery today no the back did not fit but i was able to get the sprint one to fit and a bodyglove case too. and I only paid $25 for the battery, The case does fit tight so tight that it is hard to get off and I am thinking of taking the battery back it's only 350mah over stock.

Bestphonever

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
I got the verizon one today too. The cover didn't fit that well. I'm gonna return it tomorrow and wait it out to see if sprint sells an extended battery.

elvis1935

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I just check out the battery the stock is 1850mah and the verizon extended one is 2100mah and that is only 250mah,So I don't think I am going to keep it I mean 250mah can't make that much of a difference can it?

Weirdo0815

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Warning: Pictures of Naked Phones Are Included!

Here are the pictures I promised to put up... sorry it was a bit more than 30 minutes or so... life got in the way.

My Verizon Galaxy Nexus:
View attachment 24220

My Verizon Galaxy Nexus Extended Battery Door:
View attachment 24221

The Sprint Galaxy Nexus:
View attachment 24222

Mostly for reference, the Sprint Galaxy Nexus standard door:
View attachment 24223

You'll see in the first image that I point out the reason why the modification is needed. That is because the indents for the battery door snap-in things (i don't know the technical term for them lol) on the Verizon GN is in a slightly different position on the Sprint GN. You will need to cut off the one problematic snap-in thing on the door to make it fit (which I point out in the 2nd picture). Other than that, all other snap-in things match positions for the two phones.

Also, the Sprint GN is black in color and the Verizon GN's darker grey / gun metal color. Just in case you were wondering... I didn't realize the colors were different until I had them sitting side by side.

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
My friend on Verizon has an extended battery that gets him 12 hrs of talk time, my Sprint GNex is around 4 hours or less whether I'm talking or not. Anyone know if/when Sprint is releasing an extended battery or if the Verizon extended battery would work in my phone? The guy at the Verizon store said he wouldn't risk it....

I'm ready to go get this phone but it sounds like the battery life is the same as my Epic 4G. I just want a Galaxy Nexus Maxx and I'd be in heaven. Really wonder how the new Evo's battery life will compare.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith