Battery life for sprint galaxy nexus

Fairfaxbiker

May 5, 2012
Visit site
Had my battery tested at the Sprint store on their Cadex machine...tech there said it was the highest, Excellent...but still not sufficient for me. Tried all the forum fixes here(thanks wrecklass!)...will limp along until Android store has a Sprint version of the 3800 Seido...

wrecklass

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I throw my phone on silent when im at work, vibrate when im going to bed (though it only really vibrates when I get a text or call) and audio for everything else.
This is why I love lightflow. It has a scheduling feature that allows me to turn off notifications at night. So no bothersome email or text alerts at 3am. But the phone still rings, but any call at that time of day is usually an emergency.

I agree about how weak the new vibration feature is in smartphones. They use a tiny motor with a weight that is out of balance to make the vibration, which uses a lot of energy. Newer phones save battery by using very small vibration motors.

Brettbesa

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Got this phone about a week ago and have loved the hell out of it. One thing I did not love however, was the battery life. After rooting and putting CM10 on there I found I was getting about 6 hours on the stock 1850 battery, and this was connected to wifi most of the time. After much tinkering, I have come to a solution which is working for me.

ROM- Cyanogenmod 10, latest nightly build
Kernel- Trinity 1344-384
Governor- Conservative
Pro tip- Also flashed a Battery Booster zip

So far at 70% with just a hair over 6 hours off the charger. Very happy with this and I can't wait to see what eventually getting the extended battery will do for me. Hope this helps someone.

icewater106

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I got this phone a few days ago

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1349127418861.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349127418861.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 171
  • uploadfromtaptalk1349127429513.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349127429513.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 171

Zeinzu

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
zyme6yga.jpg
dyvumepa.jpg
4e5y9yne.jpg
egegy7aj.jpg
u8amudep.jpg
ta8uqehu.jpg

Sent from my AOSP Android 4.1.1 Galaxy Nexus.

CardcaptorRLH85

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
What did you do to get battery life like that? Or is that an extended battery? Either way, I got my Galaxy Nexus yesterday and did something that I almost never do...I actually fully charged the battery before I started using it! Well, since I spent most of yesterday evening (and part of this morning) moving all my data from my old Optimus S's SD Card and installing apps it was connected to USB until this afternoon. Well, here are my battery stats:

Screenshot_2012-10-09-16-55-25.pngScreenshot_2012-10-09-16-55-33.pngScreenshot_2012-10-09-17-23-15.png

Well, I forgot to take that third screenshot before plugging in my phone so the 'screen on time' may be a bit less than what is shown but, everything else was taken when I noticed my phone hit 1%. I'm about to call Sprint to get a 2100 milliamp-hour battery. I will admit that I went into this knowing that the battery life wasn't exemplary and my old phone, after nearly two years, was just about this bad concerning battery life so I'm used to it, I carry a spare micro-USB cable and a charger block everywhere ^_^

Oh, I should note, I'm running AOKP's JB build 4 as my current ROM and I haven't changed the Kernel from the one that came with AOKP.

mcantu

May 26, 2011
Visit site
drop the brightness down. when i'm indoors i have it at 0 brightness; outdoors and out of direct sunlight, 25% is almost always plenty...

Brettbesa

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
So I picked up a 2100 maH battery and it's about the same if not a little worse than my 1850 battery. Dafaq? I'll edit this post later with screenshots to show you guys exactly what I mean, but I could get a comfortable 20 hours of moderate use out of 1850 but 2100 only gets 20 on light usage. It did take about 3 weeks to a month for the first battery to get to that level, but still. Any thoughts?

Bront

May 21, 2012
Visit site
So I picked up a 2100 maH battery and it's about the same if not a little worse than my 1850 battery. Dafaq? I'll edit this post later with screenshots to show you guys exactly what I mean, but I could get a comfortable 20 hours of moderate use out of 1850 but 2100 only gets 20 on light usage. It did take about 3 weeks to a month for the first battery to get to that level, but still. Any thoughts?
After a little use, I think it gets better. Try to suck it nearly dry a few times before you charge it.

Also, you can try clearing your caches (regular and Delvik) and let it "reoptimize" your apps. Not sure if that helps, but it can't hurt.

neilconde33

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
My phone gets so hottttttttt when I charge and use at the same time.I came from an iPhone and was used to it taking an hour to charge and being able to watch Netflix for 8-10hours consecutively. my nexus gets so hot at times I take the batt out and let it cool cuz I'm worried it can harm the hard ware.the battery sucks,and movie editor won't work and my reception sucks.I'm 6days past my exchange deadline and am going to try and talk sprint into letting me upgrade to the galaxy3......like the screen and phone in gen but I want better quality and know this phone will take a crap on me in the future with it getting so hot

mij9895

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
My phone gets so hottttttttt when I charge and use at the same time.I came from an iPhone and was used to it taking an hour to charge and being able to watch Netflix for 8-10hours consecutively. my nexus gets so hot at times I take the batt out and let it cool cuz I'm worried it can harm the hard ware.the battery sucks,and movie editor won't work and my reception sucks.I'm 6days past my exchange deadline and am going to try and talk sprint into letting me upgrade to the galaxy3......like the screen and phone in gen but I want better quality and know this phone will take a crap on me in the future with it getting so hot

I just got a Galaxy Nexus last Friday as an exchange from an LG Viper. My service range has gone way down, I drop 3G constantly, my battery runs hot even on text messaging. This phone worries me that it could have a meltdown at anytime. My old EVO Shift has better service than this Nexus. :(

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Downtown Taco

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site

Zeinzu

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
No lag anywhere in the UI or apps. My secret, Idk, my settings? Idk how your phone is setup so it's difficult to compare.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

mij9895

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
4anepapu.jpg

This is my current battery life. Averaging about 18- 20 hours per day on a full charge.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm barely getting 7-8 hours with light use. I'm thinking maybe it needs time to calibrate, or I have to get deeper into the settings. Hopefully this gets better....:(

Go through the conditioning process. That is, allow it to run all the way down to 0, charge it fully (at least an hour after it shows fully charged), then repeat the process once or twice. Do this maybe once a month or so.