Battery life for sprint galaxy nexus

Luca_Blight

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I know this phone just came out. I had it since Friday, but does anyone know how to get maximum battery life? I'm getting 9 hours on a charge, but I'm coming from the epic 4g touch and used to getting 17 hours off a single charge. I'm pretty sure that's probably due to have a different kernel and ROM installed. Any help would be much appreciated Thxs.

thoughthalo

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I know this phone just came out. I had it since Friday, but does anyone know how to get maximum battery life? I'm getting 9 hours on a charge, but I'm coming from the epic 4g touch and used to getting 17 hours off a single charge. I'm pretty sure that's probably due to have a different kernel and ROM installed. Any help would be much appreciated Thxs.

I am having a rough time myself with the battery life on my sprint galaxy nexus too. My phone is barely lasting 8-9 hours on a single charge with moderate use. I have heard that the battery life is one of the big concerns. Maybe a few charge cycles will extend the battery life a little bit, though don't expect miracles. The only solution is getting additional batteries or an extended battery from Mugen or seidio. Personally I have gone for additional batteries and an external charger. Hope this information helps.

Sent from my iPhone 4S 64 GB on AT&T using Tapatalk

anon28322

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
First charge... I'm on 19 hours with 36% left. I'm getting better so far than my Evo 4g. I haven't even installed JuiceDefender yet. I'm pretty happy with the battery life (first day too so I was playing around a lot in the phone).

eric3316

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
We need to see pics of screen on time, not just how long your phone was on and what your have left of your battery. Then we can tell your if something is wrong or if it seems correct.

Just saying light or medium use means nothing.

JStyles1

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I actually have been blown away by the battery life I have gotten so far (see screenshots).

A couple of things I do may help. When I first get any newre chargeable device, I charge it fully, then use it until it is almost dead (1% in the case of the gnex) before charging again.

I also use the mobile network for location services instead of the GPS. This saves battery and works just as well for my uses which are using the locale app and google maps for traffic updates in the morning.

I have all updates active - gmail, fb, etc. This is my experience and methods with screenshots for evidence of my typical use that people can compare to their own. I'm extatic to be getting such great battery life. From talking to a friend with a vzw gnex, I was sure I'd need the 2100 mah batt. I'm happy I can stay thin now lol.

eric3316

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I actually have been blown away by the battery life I have gotten so far (see screenshots).

A couple of things I do may help. When I first get any newre chargeable device, I charge it fully, then use it until it is almost dead (1% in the case of the gnex) before charging again.

I also use the mobile network for location services instead of the GPS. This saves battery and works just as well for my uses which are using the locale app and google maps for traffic updates in the morning.

I have all updates active - gmail, fb, etc. This is my experience and methods with screenshots for evidence of my typical use that people can compare to their own. I'm extatic to be getting such great battery life. From talking to a friend with a vzw gnex, I was sure I'd need the 2100 mah batt. I'm happy I can stay thin now lol.
Yeah, with 3G you should be alright with the stock battery. Once LTE lights up more area's and you can actually use it, a larger battery will become a must.

JStyles1

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, with 3G you should be alright with the stock battery. Once LTE lights up more area's and you can actually use it, a larger battery will become a must.

Somewhat true. When I first got the phone, I immediately turned LTE on since I'm in Atlanta. I forgot and left it on for over a day and still got similar use. A little worse, but barely noticeable.

Now if being CONNECTED to LTE drains more battery than SEARCHING for LTE you may be correct.

Either way the 3g life is much better than my EVO shift which I rarely ran on WiMax and actually got played with A LOT less.

Luca_Blight

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Somewhat true. When I first got the phone, I immediately turned LTE on since I'm in Atlanta. I forgot and left it on for over a day and still got similar use. A little worse, but barely noticeable.

Now if being CONNECTED to LTE drains more battery than SEARCHING for LTE you may be correct.

Either way the 3g life is much better than my EVO shift which I rarely ran on WiMax and actually got played with A LOT less.

I have done the same thing. I'm also in Atlanta. Were you able to get Lte anywhere was hoping I was, but know it's not officially up

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
one thing i noticed is the phone gets pretty warm more than my ns4g. like when i am driving, it's connected to my bluetooth speakers and playing podcast w/ doggcatche. the phone gets kinda warm. not hot, but just warmer than usual. hopefully it's not a defective unit.

another thing is that, w/ my ns4g, i had no problem charging it w/ an usb cable through my computer at work, even if i constantly using it. w/ the gn, if i have the screen on and doing stuff w/ it, the battery actually goes down even if it's charging. i understand that computer usb charges battery slower, just saying it's an indication that the gn uses more battery especially with the 720p screen pushing more pixel.

ggalmin

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
I could not be happier with the improved battery life I am now getting. I unplug my phone around 7AM and by 11PM I am averaging 38 to 43 percent battery life. While I do not have any screen shots, I regularly stream music with google music and check fb and g+ with it. And play Asphalt 6 and a Home run Game.

A little off topic, I actually like the improved indoor camera shots I can now get versus my old HTC Evo.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
im coming from an EVO 4G and this Sprint G-Nex Battery seems to burn faster. i have all of the same settings.

but perhaps -

1. i'm playing and tinkering with it more.
2. battery/OS needs time to calibrate.
3. my circumstances recently changed and i'm charging less.
4. i haven't discovered all of the optimum settings yet.

i think we need more time to make a judgment.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm barely getting 7-8 hours with light use. I'm thinking maybe it needs time to calibrate, or I have to get deeper into the settings. Hopefully this gets better....:(

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I need a solid phone for business and battery life is important. I guess I'm going to have to wait for the EVO LTE.

You should expect the battery to be about the same with the EVO LTE, even with the addition 150 mAh, your LTE, screen and juiced processor will burn through it.

I think our best bets will come from undervolting in custom kernals.

Go Android!

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
You should expect the battery to be about the same with the EVO LTE, even with the addition 150 mAh, your LTE, screen and juiced processor will burn through it.

I think our best bets will come from undervolting in custom kernals.

But the Evo LTE's Snapdragon S4 processor has LTE integrated unlike the GNex. So battery life should be a lot better on LTE since it doesn't have to keep switching back and forth and can share resources. That's the main reason 4G devices were known to have bad battery life.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia