08-25-2012 01:55 AM
32 12
tools
    Why isn't the Sprint GNex supported by AOSP and what does that mean for timely updates?
    08-23-2012 01:34 PM
    That's another difference. The Sprint GNex is 32 GB
    The Verizon one is 32GB as well
    08-23-2012 02:00 PM
    GSM is 16GB but that's t mobile and at&t. Verizon and sprint have a cdma galaxy nexus. I believe the rest of Verizon's phones are GSM. I'm not sure but I do know for a fact sprint just released the 2100mah battery for free for they're galaxy. All you have to do is pay shipping of 15.00 . How do I know because I got mine two days ago and it helps a lot though its no perfect.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    08-23-2012 02:28 PM
    GSM is 16GB but that's t mobile and at&t. Verizon and sprint have a cdma galaxy nexus. I believe the rest of Verizon's phones are GSM. I'm not sure but I do know for a fact sprint just released the 2100mah battery for free for they're galaxy. All you have to do is pay shipping of 15.00 . How do I know because I got mine two days ago and it helps a lot though its no perfect.

Verizon is CDMA...? I know they have GLOBAL GSM phones, but Verizon is a CDMA network correct?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    08-23-2012 08:01 PM
    Verizon is CDMA...? I know they have GLOBAL GSM phones, but Verizon is a CDMA network correct?

Yes

08-23-2012 08:05 PM
    Why isn't the Sprint GNex supported by AOSP
    That's between Sprint and Google. Customers can't do much besides getting screwed
    Sprint Had This To Say About AOSP Support For Galaxy Nexus
    Verizon Galaxy Nexus welcomed back into the AOSP fold, Sprint shunned by Google -- Engadget
    http://phandroid.com/2012/07/10/spri...e-to-be-found/
    Yes, the Sprint Galaxy Nexus is a Nexus; no, you can't build it from AOSP | Android Central

and what does that mean for timely updates?
    It means we don't get official OTA updates in a timely manner. While Verizon is now supported on AOSP, they still don't have official OTA jellybean. But official binaries are available for developers to build ROMs from -
    Guide - http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...id-source.html
    08-24-2012 08:50 AM
    Sprints battery is better

08-25-2012 01:55 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD