New G Nexus owners....Happy?

R1der2002

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Well I have had a change of heart and I brought my Gnex back, I actually used it as a phone the otherday and talked to family and it got up to 122 degrees I could barely keep it on my ear and that was only after 20 min, my old evo never did that. SO the search is on for a new phone....like I said its was a great phone except for being a phone part.

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I liked it a lot, felt really good in my hand. loved the large screen. I was afraid at first about the size, but because of how thin it is, it actually felt better than my ns4g. In the end, I still returned it and now I'm waiting for the evo lte instead. one thing I really didn't like was the camera and to me, that's important since I don't have a regular camera. sure the camera quality is fine under bright sunny day, but try to take a picture indoor. you will see the quality quickly goes down. I'm back to a ns4g now, and I really miss that large screen. The thickness is also very noticeable especially when the phone is in my pocket. the gn is really a nice phone, but it's just not the right one for me.

Fairfaxbiker

May 5, 2012
Visit site
Loving it, though I'm coming from an ancient Palm Pre...camera is good enough, if you want a really good camera, get a DSLR...battery life is an issue, I've tried all the fixes on the forums...may just pay up for the 3800 Seido

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Loving it, though I'm coming from an ancient Palm Pre...camera is good enough, if you want a really good camera, get a DSLR...battery life is an issue, I've tried all the fixes on the forums...may just pay up for the 3800 Seido

As a former owner of multiple Palm devices over the years, I don't think anyone jumping from a Pre to GN should have any complaints. Sad but true, the Pre era is quite over. Enjoy your new superphone!

Reno Skyy

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It is the best phone ever far better then anything else I have used! Am so happy I waited to get this beast of a phone an with a fly grip its way easy to handle! :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

eps1lon3

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
The evo 4g lte is better than the Gnex in all regards, it's just up to you if you can accept HTC's Sense UI. The Gnex to me just feels exactly like an ns4g, just with a bigger screen and faster operations.

kbboykin

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
SMH...I'm amazed how so many people state the EVO 4G LTE is better than the GNEX and it has not even been released to the general public. Bugs and quirks are yet to be seen. There are many HTC users that won't even touch the EVO 4G LTE from past HTC experiences, and others that sing it praises like Apple Fanboys. To each his own, but really? Let's just see what comes out in the wash.

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
The evo 4g lte is better than the Gnex in all regards, it's just up to you if you can accept HTC's Sense UI. The Gnex to me just feels exactly like an ns4g, just with a bigger screen and faster operations.

SMH. Nothing you wrote is actually true. All of these are good devices and have differences that appeal to some more than others. EVO LTE looks great but is yet unknown. GNex is great if u don't want a skin. GNex is bigger, faster, has LTE capability and missing features like a notification light over ns4g. All have a compromise one way or the other. (Unless u ask an Apple user, of course)

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I am very glad I picked the GN.
I am not a fan of HTC phones and the GSIII is not very attractive.
Just my $.02

Mav. :cool:

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Nexus 6.

Instrumentals

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Overall im happy, much faster than my S 4G and the screen is to die for. Vanilla ICS is pretty much all ive known since I switched to team android so im happy there too, debating on whether I should root though, I always end up wanting to do it but just back away a lil each time.

wrecklass

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Coming from EVO 4G I have to say I really like the stock Android experience. While HTC provided some nice touches, I've replaced nearly every feature I missed with Widgets from the market and Nova Prime. Nova may be a first requirement of ICS for anyone wanting a fully skinnable Launcher without rooting the phone. While still getting a very stock experience.

I was really surprised and happy to see that Sprint didn't add a single piece of bloat to the Gnex despite what VZW apparently did to ruin their customers pure Android experience. Not to mention Sprint has shipped with 4.0.4, while Verizon customers are still stuck on 4.0.2, 5 months after the phone launched! No wonder they are all rolling custom ROMs.

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm digging my GNexus more and more as each day passes towards my drop dead date to return it within 14 days. The screen is just terrific and YouTube looks amazing on it.

My only hesitation is the signal strength for wifi and GPS and to some extent 3G. One thing I'm wondering about is whether the signal issues might improve with further updates from Google or Sprint. The HTC One X forums have some of these same complaints (tho not the 3G one), so I wonder if it is an ICS issue that could be improved??? I will say that even though it runs all day showing 1 or 2 bars on wifi and 3G, it stays super fast with downloads on wifi and doesn't seem to drop connections. I want to travel with it, but nothing scheduled prior to my return expiration date. Arrgh!! No telling whether EVO LTE would be any better. Loving the clean ICS without skinned features that I don't use anyway.

And the no no logos all black front is sweet.

dbuss

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I am also coming from a Palm Pre. I really liked my pre and held off as long as possible. I was over my replacement by one year. I was a little dissapointed at the lack of a micro sd slot. But it is a pretty nice phone. Any screen issues I think are caused by ics itself. It looks the same on my ics tablet. I do wonder if I should have held out for the GSIII. The specs are tempting. But not having a phone with bloatware, is the pure google worth not having a few extra specs? I do really miss using my touchstone. I heard the gsIII has wireless charging capabilities.

PS. The camera means nothing to me, I own multiple DSLR's. If I want a good, printable picture, I will use a real camera.

Last edited:

d14racer24

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I am happy with mine, coming from a NS4G. My only gripe with it is just about every time I set it down there is like a small rattle/vibration that comes from the top of the phone. I'm not sure if anybody else has heard this, or if this is something I should be returning it/exchanging it for. I can reproduce it by gently tapping on the back of the phone above the camera. I thought it might be the back plate, but it still does it with it off. I take really good care of my things, and it hasn't been dropped, so it is a bit bothersome being a brand new device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21